Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you take a 2025 draft pick to trade Harris?

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure, trade Najee and then 2 games into the season Warren gets hurt.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Sure, trade Najee and then 2 games into the season Warren gets hurt.
    We only use this strategy for WRs apparently

Even though we're going to play with 2 WRs most of the time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why would we trade him? You are essentially getting one of the most consistent backs in the league for cheap, not to mention its a contract year for him so he will be very motivated.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Why would we trade him? You are essentially getting one of the most consistent backs in the league for cheap, not to mention its a contract year for him so he will be very motivated.

It's always good when a smart person posts versus someone who just hates a player

You are absolutely correct. Harris is steady and reliable. Sorry to the fantasy PFF and football junkies he isn't "flashy enough." He will be a stud in Smith's offense.

I'll predict now he will still be a Steeler in 2025. They will do a Saquon with him for at least one more season.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's always good when a smart person posts versus someone who just hates a player

You are absolutely correct. Harris is steady and reliable. Sorry to the fantasy PFF and football junkies he isn't "flashy enough." He will be a stud in Smith's offense.

I'll predict now he will still be a Steeler in 2025. They will do a Saquon with him for at least one more season.
    First of all, I don't think Joel is a PFF guy. Second, he may or may not be a stud in Smith's offense, which runs a lot of outside zone. Najee succeeds in power runs between the tackles, not zone runs outside. He just may not have the wheels for it.

That said, of course we should keep him for a year, but I suspect it will be his last here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Yeah, we're all-in to win ONE playoff game this season. That's the measure of success for all the moves they've made. Dumping the OC. Cleaning out the QB room. Drafting the OL. It has to equal one playoff win or it was a bust and there will be more house cleaning for next season.

There's no chance IMO of getting rid of Najee this season. The OL is built now for him and Warren to do their thing and hide some of our weakness in the passing game.
    What are you talking about? The Steelers will be playing 6 playoff games in the last two months of the regular season!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    We only use this strategy for WRs apparently

Even though we're going to play with 2 WRs most of the time.
    Apparently the Steelers are going to feature a FB, and the lineman are switching back to single bar face-masks
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    First of all, I don't think Joel is a PFF guy. Second, he may or may not be a stud in Smith's offense, which runs a lot of outside zone. Najee succeeds in power runs between the tackles, not zone runs outside. He just may not have the wheels for it.

That said, of course we should keep him for a year, but I suspect it will be his last here.
    He may be a stud? Do not tease Oviedo, I'm warring you. Najee " stud " Harris. roll: PFF rates him #5 in the NFL on slugs who run a 4.6+ at RB.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 05-18-2024 at 05:48 PM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    He may be a stud? Do not tease Oviedo, I'm warring you. Najee " stud " Harris. roll: PFF rates him #5 in the NFL on slugs who run a 4.6+ at RB.
    The question is after you trade Harris for the 3rd rounder, who do you have in the backfield? Warren taking 380 touches or Warren and who else? You never answer that because there is no adequate answer.

One thing I am hearing is that Harris is serious about losing weight and getting down to around 220. LeVeon and I have been advocating for that. Harris has many good qualities and he had a pretty good season last year but he lacks a little in burst and acceleration.

If the weight loss gives him another step, then Harris could become a very good NFL back. I am anxious to see what the transformation does for him. But you cannot provide another option that would be better than Harris at this time.
    Last edited by Steelerphile; 05-19-2024 at 12:24 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Jerome "slug" Bettis ran a 4.7 40

We should have dumped the guy
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"