Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you take a 2025 draft pick to trade Harris?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Jerome "slug" Bettis ran a 4.7 40

We should have dumped the guy
    Bettis was very good for a long period of time. He was pretty much the perfect back for the 90s / Cowher's version of Martyball.

But I don't know if he would be a guy you'd pay a big contract to in the current NFL. He's was not a big play threat (which is more and more important). And the reason he's in the Hall is his longevity. And that's something that RBs don't have in today's NFL because it's even faster and more explosive than it was when Jerome was pounding guys all game long before "getting skinny" in the 4th Q.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    The question is after you trade Harris for the 3rd rounder, who do you have in the backfield? Warren taking 380 touches or Warren and who else? You never answer that because there is no adequate answer.

One thing I am hearing is that Harris is serious about losing weight and getting down to around 220. LeVeon and I have been advocating for that. Harris has many good qualities and he had a pretty good season last year but he lacks a little in burst and acceleration.

If the weight loss gives him another step, then Harris could become a very good NFL back. I am anxious to see what the transformation does for him. But you cannot provide another option that would be better than Harris at this time.
    Our #3 back ( Patterson ) can almost as good as Harris. And we would get 3rd round pick who would be on the team for 4-5 years for cheap. Harris is a back up and likely gone in free agency. There is my answer.

Harris is on his 5th season, and has likely already hit his peak. Beware of the locker room lawyer " San Fran boy ".
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Harris not being extended puts the Steelers in an awkward position regarding a trade. He's a f/a at year end so teams know they won't need to give up draft capital to sign him just cap room.
    Now if it became a sign and trade that's not as likely but possible. Too a contender who looses a running back to injury could come calling again not so likely but possible.
    Best case scenario he plays out this year does well and then hits free agency. If he gets paid well enough then we should get a comp pick a year later. And there is always the outside chance we keep him around on the cheap for a few short years.
    If he is traded, where can he start? After that is answered, what will a team give up for him?
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Our #3 back ( Patterson ) can almost as good as Harris. And we would get 3rd round pick who would be on the team for 4-5 years for cheap. Harris is a back up and likely gone in free agency. There is my answer.

Harris is on his 5th season, and has likely already hit his peak. Beware of the locker room lawyer " San Fran boy ".
    That sounds crazy. Patterson is 33 and ran for 181 yards last year for a 3.62 average. I don't think he is at all an adequate replacement for Harris at this point. Harris improved last year and ran for 1035 and 4.1 ave. If he loses weight he might improve on that which is far more than Patterson is capable of, who never ran for more than 695 yards in a season.
    Last edited by Steelerphile; 05-19-2024 at 04:44 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Harris is entering his 4th season.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Harris is entering his 4th season.
    You beat me to it, dude has serious grammar and math issues.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If he is traded, where can he start? After that is answered, what will a team give up for him?
    Twice in this thread you indicated a 3rd round pick is the correct compensation for Harris. You tell us what teams would do that? You must have checked most team rosters to come up with an evaluation like that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    You beat me to it, dude has serious grammar and math issues.
    I wonder how many of his hot takes are based on misinterpreting information.

We had a debate about Troy Aikmen’s first
    Pro Bowl and he insisted it was his second year and even provided a link..

but the link clearly showed it was his 3rd year.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I wonder how many of his hot takes are based on misinterpreting information.

We had a debate about Troy Aikmen’s first
    Pro Bowl and he insisted it was his second year and even provided a link..

but the link clearly showed it was his 3rd year.
    And who could forget the James Pierre fiasco.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not to mention the $20 million a year for Mason.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!