Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Plan at WR...is there one?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ditto

Pickens get hurt and we are screwed. Will see 7-8 in box every play
    Can't have quality depth everywhere in today's NFL, we're similarly screwed if Heyward or Minkah or Frazier go down.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I'm not a scout. But I guess the thing I worry about are reports that he didn't face much press coverage. And that most of his big plays came on free releases.

If he's the X WR (taking over from DJ), then he's probably going to face press a fair amount.

Maybe that's not a big deal. But I'm generally of the "I'll believe it when I see it" mindset.

I'm absolutely not saying that he won't be good. But I think it can take time for guys to get used to the NFL. And some guys never make it.

I think that we're pinning a lot of responsibility on several members of the rookie class this year. Hoping that parley comes through.

Here's Dave at the Depot with an article that shows Wilson't 2023 targets (I think all of them?).
    https://steelersdepot.com/2024/04/co...s-at-michigan/
    Did he not face press because of his breakaway speed? I mean, DJ was top 10 in defensive cushion allowed because of his shiftiness. Teams just backed off and tackled the catch because he was not very elusive after the catch and he rarely ran long. If Wilson can develop the separation skills he'll be just fine. I trust the Steelers more on finding WRs than I do on some other positions.