Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moore, Moore, Moore

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    But that is NCs point. They grade using just their metrics as they though they can accurately judge play using ONLY those metrics.

But when you do that you have laughably inaccurate results.
    You never answered my question. Is an A in organic chemistry the same as an A in phys ed?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    You never answered my question. Is an A in organic chemistry the same as an A in phys ed?
    No they are not. Still does not explain the justification that Kenny had THE LEAGUES BEST PFF between weeks 12 to 18 averaging less than 1 TD a game.

How bout you address THAT?

During that same 4 or 5 games Mahommes threw more TDs (15) than Kenny has thrown IN HIS CAREER.

But no turnover worthy play Kenny was playing better?

The very approach you attack Tomlin over IS THE SAME THING THAT INFLATES KENNYS PFF SCORE.

No turnover worthy plays because you avoid tight windows does not make one?s play elite.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-10-2024 at 12:41 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    No they are not. Still does not explain the justification that Kenny had THE LEAGUES BEST PFF between weeks 12 to 18 averaging less than 1 TD a game.

How bout you address THAT?
    But I already have, grasshopper.

Legend

User Info Menu

Point of your analogy is easy. It is to imply my comparisons involve differing degrees of difficulty.

That can mean many things and without being specific it is impossible to know what you mean. You know this. The only one that would work is comparing different positions, which is why I narrowed to QBs. If you are using your analogy in comparing QBs I would suggest those differences are not truly analogous to your example. But you know this so you won’t say it.

Point of using your analogy is to hide in your head specifically what you mean knowing already how easy they would be to dismiss. We both know this is true. It is ok. Losing is not fun.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-10-2024 at 10:33 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Exactly.

So when a QB has a high PFF grade because he's asked to run a HS offense, it doesn't mean that he's good. It means that he consistently did the easy thing that he was asked to do.

But my favorite was when they had "PFF sacks" when they thought that maybe Garrett was close enough to TJ that if they just bumped him up a bit they could show that Garret had more "sacks*".

Because their model has said that Garrett should get more sacks over long periods of time.

But it hasn't happened yet.

Like all people who make models, they are attached to theirs. And it seems like when the predictions don't match reality, they have leaned pretty hard into the idea that reality is wrong. This isn't uncommon.