Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Change In HC Coming in 2025?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We’ve heard a lot of talk from the FO this year and then moves were made that weren’t consistent with their words.

I think Tomlin’s job is safe right now. However, if we fail to make the playoffs or lose in the same fashion as previous years in the playoffs. Things could change quickly.

I think all these moves have been made because they are losing faith in Tomlin and already showed they lost faith in Colbert, Canada, Okafor, DJ, Kenny, Mitch… and maybe even Najee.

At some point I think they will have to admit its not everyone else. Its just time to get a new voice.

Now, if we win Tomlin is safe, but if we lose.. how can he continue to have job security for another 2 or 3 years?
    If we win what?

Do you think we have to win a playoff game for him to be safe? Or two playoff games?

I think it's likely he continues to post non-losing seasons, and will continue on as HC of the Steelers for a long time, more than 2 or 3 years... unless HE decides he wants to step away.

I don't think ARII is anywhere close to ready to move on from his father's legacy and his own man-crush
    Last edited by Buzz; 05-07-2024 at 05:48 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We?ve heard a lot of talk from the FO this year and then moves were made that weren?t consistent with their words.

I think Tomlin?s job is safe right now. However, if we fail to make the playoffs or lose in the same fashion as previous years in the playoffs. Things could change quickly.

I think all these moves have been made because they are losing faith in Tomlin and already showed they lost faith in Colbert, Canada, Okafor, DJ, Kenny, Mitch? and maybe even Najee.

At some point I think they will have to admit its not everyone else. Its just time to get a new voice.

Now, if we win Tomlin is safe, but if we lose.. how can he continue to have job security for another 2 or 3 years?
    Don't yinz ever get tired of ragging on Tomlin and Feltdizz, I am shocked, you are a sell out, traitor, etc. etc.!!!

Only kidding! I seldom weigh in on the endless Fire Tomlin disputes..I still feel he has more good qualities than not so I support him.
    Sometimes I think he helps get some of these teams to the playoffs or winning records, which would have been 6-10 or 7-10 under a less
    motivating leader. Last year's team is a good example.

But I do agree it is time to get a playoff win. And between the huge investment in a running attack and two experienced if flawed QBs, Tomlin should
    be able to use his masterful abilities to get max performances from the players and get it done.

Pickett threw for 6 Tds and 4 ints last year. He took the most snaps and the Steelers still made the playoffs. Wilson threw 26 TD and 8 ints for Denver
    and he was trashed by Denver's HC and Denver had a losing record.

I haven't made up my mind about Russell Wilson because I hear divergent views but if He throws 26 TDs and 8 ints for the Steelers
    and they also have a strong rushing attack. The Steelers will have winning record and win in the playoffs. Tomlin will have
    a very different relationship with Wilson than Sean Payton did, so he will extract more positive results.
    Last edited by Steelerphile; 05-07-2024 at 08:28 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd be happy if Tomlin didn't sign an extension but I don't see the Steelers going into the season with a HC without a contract essentially. Rooney said it would get done so unless something changed I see no reason why an extension doesn't happen, as mentioned by someone else May/June is when it happens. I do think this will be the last contract Tomlin signs with Pittsburgh although it's clear imo the team and him should part ways at this point, likely just more wasted seasons ahead.

As far as the moves the team are making this offseason I think it's the Khan influence combined with Rooney saying it's time to win a playoff game. Everything the team is doing is about making a push in the upcoming season to placate the frustrated fanbase and to prop Tomlin up, ie, win a playoff game.

Legend

User Info Menu

"Tomlin, my coach. May he always be right, but my coach right or wrong!!!!"

Like I said in another post, facts prove that the majority of the "next great coaches" and "great football minds" are fired after <5 years and don't have consistent winning records. They also don't go to Super Bowls.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Like I said in another post, facts prove that the majority of the "next great coaches" and "great football minds" are fired after <5 years and don't have consistent winning records. They also don't go to Super Bowls.
    Well, that might have something to do with being fired in less than 5 years, which the Steelers don't do.

The overwhelming majority of "next great coaches" of the STEELERS have had winning records and have gone to the super bowl in 5 years.

At SOME point, it's time for a change. When only 4 seasons of 17 have produced a playoff win, the need for change is certainly starting to knock on the door. Either Tomlin needs to change or he's going to need to be changed.

Legend

User Info Menu

After almost 20 years even Tomlin admits he has less years ahead of him.

Predicting he will move on soon isn?t some outlandish idea. I also think if we have a deep run it could give him the pride he needs to leave on a much higher note.

I don?t want to see Tomlin?s legacy fall apart with more years of 1st round playoff failure.
    Que up the 50s news reporter voice:

"Shocking development!!! NFL coach offers speculation that he might leave coaching sometime in the next two decades!!!!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    Don't yinz ever get tired of ragging on Tomlin and Feltdizz, I am shocked, you are a sell out, traitor, etc. etc.!!!

Only kidding! I seldom weigh in on the endless Fire Tomlin disputes..I still feel he has more good qualities than not so I support him.
    Sometimes I think he helps get some of these teams to the playoffs or winning records, which would have been 6-10 or 7-10 under a less
    motivating leader. Last year's team is a good example.

But I do agree it is time to get a playoff win. And between the huge investment in a running attack and two experienced if flawed QBs, Tomlin should
    be able to use his masterful abilities to get max performances from the players and get it done.

Pickett threw for 6 Tds and 4 ints last year. He took the most snaps and the Steelers still made the playoffs. Wilson threw 26 TD and 8 ints for Denver
    and he was trashed by Denver's HC and Denver had a losing record.

I haven't made up my mind about Russell Wilson because I hear divergent views but if He throws 26 TDs and 8 ints for the Steelers
    and they also have a strong rushing attack
    . The Steelers will have winning record and win in the playoffs. Tomlin will have
    a very different relationship with Wilson than Sean Payton did, so he will extract more positive results.
    If we can get this kind of production from the QB, the offense should be much better. We didn't throw 26 TDs over the last two seasons (all QBs combined).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    This is some North Korea sycophancy right here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If we win what?

Do you think we have to win a playoff game for him to be safe? Or two playoff games?

I think it's likely he continues to post non-losing seasons, and will continue on as HC of the Steelers for a long time, more than 2 or 3 years... unless HE decides he wants to step away.

I don't think ARII is anywhere close to ready to move on from his father's legacy and his own man-crush
    If we win 11 or 12 games and a playoff game. I don’t even think we need to make a conference championship but the org needs to give the fans more than a winning record. We need to feel like we are a year away from a SB at the end of the season.

If not, I think he could be gone. It will be a mutual agreement to part ways or we give Tomlin the power to frame it how he wants.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

If we win 11 or 12 games and a playoff game. I don’t even think we need to make a conference championship but the org needs to give the fans more than a winning record. We need to feel like we are a year away from a SB at the end of the season.

If not, I think he could be gone. It will be a mutual agreement to part ways or we give Tomlin the power to frame it how he wants.
    I don't think that Tomlin is currently on the hot seat. Without a complete implosion, in combination with plenty of drama, I think Tomlin chooses if he will stay or begin his exit. However, a 5-12 record with plenty of headlines and infighting and all bets would be off. I don't think that the team is currently at the point where they are ready to lay it at the feet of the coach.