Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Justin Fields might be returning kickoffs???

Legend

User Info Menu

Justin Fields might be returning kickoffs???

Jaylen Warren said Danny Smith floated the idea of Fields returning punts due to the new rules.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ns-warren-says
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Off season click bait. Highly unlikely when we have him do that with Patterson and Austin
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this would be unwise.

QBs are too valuable.

If we want to put an athletic QB on the field for kickoffs, it should be the UDFA we just signed. Looks to be pretty athletic, and doesn't destroy QB depth if he gets hurt.

But I think the biggest reason we signed him is because I don't think our other QBs can go to rookie mini camp.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 05-02-2024 at 04:45 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who else could throw the Music City Miracle lateral?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Jaylen Warren said Danny Smith floated the idea of Fields returning punts due to the new rules.
    Returning Kickoffs, you mean, right?

If he's good at it, why not? It seems like returning kicks now, isn't much more dangerous now than a QB running on offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post

If he's good at it, why not? It seems like returning kicks now, isn't much more dangerous now than a QB running on offense.
    because if he gets hurt and then Wilson goes down it will look like the dumbest move ever?

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    because if he gets hurt and then Wilson goes down it will look like the dumbest move ever?
    all in to win. If he?s our best return guy, put him in. He could get injured on his first play under center too, especially the first time he runs, which is likely to be in his first series.

this is what a ?running QB? does. Run!

Legend

User Info Menu

He also fumbles a lot.

We tried a returned that fumbled a lot recently and it didn't work out well IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think this would be unwise.

QBs are too valuable.

If we want to put an athletic QB on the field for kickoffs, it should be the UDFA we just signed. Looks to be pretty athletic, and doesn't destroy QB depth if he gets hurt.

But I think the biggest reason we signed him is because I don't think our other QBs can go to rookie mini camp.
    What's the difference between putting in an athletic QB in at QB, knowing he's going to run, and putting an athletic QB in on kickoffs, knowing he's going to run? Kickoffs now don't seem any more dangerous than a QB who runs.

I say, if running is his game, give him opportunities to hone that skill. He can still slide himself down to avoid a big hit, can't he?

Legend

User Info Menu

What's the difference between putting in an athletic QB in at QB, knowing he's going to run, and putting an athletic QB in on kickoffs, knowing he's going to run? Kickoffs now don't seem any more dangerous than a QB who runs.

I say, if running is his game, give him opportunities to hone that skill. He can still slide himself down to avoid a big hit, can't he?
    If he gets hurt playing QB that’s different than having him return kicks. We have other people for that.