Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The trade that didn't happen

Legend

User Info Menu

The trade that didn't happen

The Steelers had trade offers to trade down for pick #20.

Tomlin said NO WAY.

The dolt. Does anyone know the offers?

A 2nd , 3rd and 4th round pick plus say a 2nd in 2025 , in exchange for our 2024 first, would greatly benefit us. Use the trade chart if you must.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post

Tomlin said NO WAY.

A 2nd , 3rd and 4th round pick plus say a 2nd in 2025 , in exchange for our 2024 first, would greatly benefit us. Use the trade chart if you must.
    So your sig says 2024 draft is an "A" grade yet Tomlin is a dolt?

So no knock on Kahn?

Most here will tell you I am in the middle when it comes to Mike Tomlin.

I get some folks are draft-niks, comes with the territory.

But with Heyward and Watt aging I wouldn't say the decisions are that of a dolt.

But that's just me...

Legend

User Info Menu

This is why people laugh at your stuff. You literally have NO IDEA what was actually offered and you IMAGINE some haul was offered to us to put someone in a bad light.

For all we know it was similar to what we did to get Jones last season for a team that wanted Troy WHO WOULD BE THE HIGHEST PLAYER AVAILABLE ON MANY BOARDS.

Wild speculation can go in either direction my friend.

But while I cannot recall the last time your flavor of trade happened regardless of charts, we saw what I described LAST SEASON, therefore I would suggest my scenario is MUCH MORE likely.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-01-2024 at 02:24 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I’m just glad we were patient and did not trade up for any of the first 4 picks.
    That decision to NOT give up draft capital was a real good decision imho.
    The entire draft think tank should get kudos for that.

Legend

User Info Menu

As good as this draft haul appears to have been, I'm gonna applaud Tomlin for staying put.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    As good as this draft haul appears to have been, I'm gonna applaud Tomlin for staying put.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin said NO WAY.

Draft gets an A but Tomlin is an idiot because you made up a draft haul?

Get over yourself.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tomlin said NO WAY.

You should seek therapeutic counseling. You may want to also thumb through the DSM and see how many pages you should dog-ear.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

they wanted to address the O-Line aggressively. I've been arguing for that for years. They wanted Fautanu and from what Omar said on McAfee today were even considering trading UP in the draft to make sure they got him - but a deal didn't materialize and they were thrilled he was still available at #20. So the idea they were going to trade down and risk not getting a potential starting tackle seems dubious.

I think the steelers addressed some real holes, definitely upgraded the roster and it's universally believed they scored an A+ on this draft.

so I'm not going to second guess what might have happened. I'm pretty stoked by what actually DID happen.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    I’m just glad we were patient and did not trade up for any of the first 4 picks.
    That decision to NOT give up draft capital was a real good decision imho.
    The entire draft think tank should get kudos for that.
    IMO, list the pick we gave up. You don't know what we said no to.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.