Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Report: Steelers Closing in on 'Significant Playmaker'

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think it's like mock drafts.

There's upside if you guess right. And no one will remember that you got it wrong in a few weeks.

And it was a reasonable guess too. By him or his random source or whatever.
    its a little different because people are really feigning for a splash player in a trade at the moment.

If this was during the season or a few months from now people would shrug but he takes a hit to his credibility because that type of tweet jumps to the top of the local sports page.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

The focus now seems to be on DK Metcalf. Read a good summary of how we could easily fit him into the cap structure. Would immediately become our #1.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The focus now seems to be on DK Metcalf. Read a good summary of how we could easily fit him into the cap structure. Would immediately become our #1.
    dude a beast but he likes to get stupid penalties.

Another diva WR.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

In Arthur Smith's run-heavy, run-first offense, you add Metcalf or any of these premier receivers? Both that guy and Pickens are just not going to get targeted that much. Not that that bothers me, but it probably would them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Honestly think this deal has been agreed upon, but we have to wait til June to find out.

That would all make sense.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Man, I would be REALLY excited about Metcalf. That dude is just a monster WR. That would be one hell of a duo at WR.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

DK would be awesome, plus having played with Wilson. Wow. He is prone to stupid, 'overly aggressive' penalties, but I don't think he's a diva.

That being said, getting QBs, WRs, etc doesn't mean much when you have an OC that likes to pass 12 plays a game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    DK would be awesome, plus having played with Wilson. Wow. He is prone to stupid, 'overly aggressive' penalties, but I don't think he's a diva.

That being said, getting QBs, WRs, etc doesn't mean much when you have an OC that likes to pass 12 plays a game.
    Is that 12 passes a game from the falcons or Titans offense? I believe it will be more then that depending on game situations of course. Oh and how Russ is cooking. Lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Is that 12 passes a game from the falcons or Titans offense? I believe it will be more then that depending on game situations of course. Oh and how Russ is cooking. Lol
    Both. Neither team passed much.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Both. Neither team passed much.
    To lazy to look but I do wonder what Pickens average targets were last season.
    I would think they want to keep him semi happy with targets? And targets for RB and TE. I can’t see only 12 per game. Does not give me much hope to score more points. But I guess we will see this season.