Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Steelers Closing in on 'Significant Playmaker'

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Steelers Closing in on 'Significant Playmaker'

Report: Steelers Closing in on 'Significant Playmaker'

The Pittsburgh Steelers are ready to make another splash.

APR 29, 2024

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers are closing in on landing a massive name after the 2024 NFL Draft. According to former cornerback and current CBS Sports analyst, Bryant McFadden, the team is "very close to landing a significant playmaker."

This could mean a number of things for the Steelers. The team has been linked to three big names when it comes to wide receivers in Courtland Sutton, Brandon Aiyuk and Deebo Samuel. They could also be looking at cornerback options after only adding a sixth-round pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Following the NFL Draft, Steelers general manager Omar Khan left the door open for a wide receiver move, referring to the team restructuring Alex Highsmith's contract to create roughly $7 million in available cap space.

"We'll see. Like I've said, if there's ever an opportunity to improve the team, we'll look at it and if it makes sense, we're going to go after it," Khan said. "But yeah, we restructured Alex's contract and it puts us in a position to be flexible with some things if there's an opportunity to do something."

We'll now wait and see what Pittsburgh has up their sleeve, but after an impressive free agency period and then an aced NFL Draft, it appears they're ready to make one more splash before heading to OTAs and minicamp.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/pitt...cant-playmaker
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Crap. Ya beat me by a minute
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope it is Courtland Sutton
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Chase Claypool and Juju is what I’m hearing around the water cooler.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I hope it is Courtland Sutton
    Peyton is on record that they are not interested in trading Sutton. Of course, everyone is for sale at the right price.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Chase Claypool and Juju is what I’m hearing around the water cooler.
    Not EITHER but BOTH!!!
    This offseason just keeps getting better.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I would love Deebo, like Sutton, and be okay with Aiyuk.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What would that do to George Pickens psychy? I'm not buying it. Bringing in a star WR would be out of character for the Steelers. We have George , ride with him.

Now if we get someone who is cut and on the cheap OK. But if we bring in somebody and pay them 18M$ + per, that would be stupid. We don't even know if we have a good QB yet.

It's like the Steelers are betting on snake eyes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    What would that do to George Pickens psychy? I'm not buying it. Bringing in a star WR would be out of character for the Steelers. We have George , ride with him.

Now if we get someone who is cut and on the cheap OK. But if we bring in somebody and pay them 18M$ + per, that would be stupid. We don't even know if we have a good QB yet.

It's like the Steelers are betting on snake eyes.
    George Pickens would be the biggest beneficiary of acquiring another good WR.

right now, other teams are going to double-team him on every play and take him out of the game. getting a bona-fide WR2 would prevent that from happening.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    George Pickens would be the biggest beneficiary of acquiring another good WR.

right now, other teams are going to double-team him on every play and take him out of the game. getting a bona-fide WR2 would prevent that from happening.
    I get you but the kid we drafted Wilson may be pretty good I believe. I think Tyler Boyd would have been a good fit. He would help George attitude wise and not threaten him for #1.

We are building ourselves up to run the rock. We don't need a WR making what? I said 18M$ + per. That's actually cheap isn't it.