Thread: Way, way too early look at 2025 draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Way, way too early look at 2025 draft

I think we can all agree that for the second year in a row we had a very solid draft. The 2024 draft saw us add talent to the offensive line with three picks out of the first five. Between free agency and the draft we rebuilt the ILB position.

What's still a concern. IMO the biggest concern is the Defensive Line. We may need to go into the 2025 draft needing two defensive linemen early. Fingers-crossed that Cam has a healthy season and Larry O also stays on the field. Behind them we have lots of "maybes." I do like the Logan Lee pick, but wish we would have added another D-lineman earlier in draft, but only so many picks.

Thoughts
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

my thought is yes, its way too early..

but I do think we go Defense early and often in 2025.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think we can all agree that for the second year in a row we had a very solid draft. The 2024 draft saw us add talent to the offensive line with three picks out of the first five. Between free agency and the draft we rebuilt the ILB position.

What's still a concern. IMO the biggest concern is the Defensive Line. We may need to go into the 2025 draft needing two defensive linemen early. Fingers-crossed that Cam has a healthy season and Larry O also stays on the field. Behind them we have lots of "maybes." I do like the Logan Lee pick, but wish we would have added another D-lineman earlier in draft, but only so many picks.

Thoughts
    Wait until the season starts! Then we can look at the needs. Ahem, QUARTERBACK.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    my thought is yes, its way too early..

but I do think we go Defense early and often in 2025.
    This.

Unless the QBs suck. Then we have to seriously consider drafting a QB.

But there almost aren't any positions left on the offense without a young 1st or 2nd round pick

I'm sure NJ's somewhere online complaining about all the early draft picks on offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This.

Unless the QBs suck. Then we have to seriously consider drafting a QB.

But there almost aren't any positions left on the offense without a young 1st or 2nd round pick

I'm sure NJ's somewhere online complaining about all the early draft picks on offense.
    Yes, although this is a year away.

If Russ plays well then we look at QB first or second day depending on value. If Fields takes charge and plays well then maybe a second or third day backup QB. If neither plays well then all-in on QB, finding the best you can in either the draft or FA.

Legend

User Info Menu

drafting 12th, and yet another OT?

NFL mock draft 2025: Carson Beck goes No. 1, Shedeur Sanders No. 6

ASSOCIATED PRESS | Sunday, April 28, 2024

12. Pittsburgh Steelers Kelvin Banks, OT, Texas

Another freshman starter to first-round tackle.

https://triblive.com/sports/nfl-mock...-sanders-no-6/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

I can't see any scenario where we go OT for three straight drafts.

Far more urgent need on the Defensive Line. Maybe at WR if Pickens doesn't prove to be the star we are all hoping. Then there is always the CB everyone wants.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

I think some have Troy F as a G because he's shorter than most tackles (despite having very long arms).

I think these people are wrong...or at least I think we'll play him at T.