Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: QB Leadership night and day better than last season

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lmao.. its a whole new room so of course its completely different.

Its also April.
    Yeah. How much "leadership" have the new QBs really had a chance to show at this point?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ovi also said Trubisky was going to lead us to the playoffs.

Nope. I said I was hopeful with him as a bridge but he proved that wrong...just like Pickett proved us all wrong about being the QB of the future
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yeah. How much "leadership" have the new QBs really had a chance to show at this point?
    just being a good teammate. Its not like he would say anything negative about the QB’s on the roster now.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    If we win, Wilson will be the best leader the Steelers have had since Ben.

If we lose, Wilson will be the diva, me-first QB the donks complained about and wanted gone.

Winning makes everything look good.

Losing makes everything look bad.

The end.

Rookie Ben was a terrible leader but no one cared because we were winning. A LOT.

At least we're giving Wilson a far more proper supporting cast than we gave to Kenny. OC, OL and hopefully WR will be much improved.
    Just think if KP had stayed the course and was backup to Wilson. He would have enjoyed a nice upgraded offense after Wilson moved on with a $40M contract. KP let his emotions get in the way of sound career thinking.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Just think if KP had stayed the course and was backup to Wilson. He would have enjoyed a nice upgraded offense after Wilson moved on with a $40M contract. KP let his emotions get in the way of sound career thinking.
    if the OL works out Wilson isn’t going anywhere.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Nah..

This thread is implying praise from Warren for QB?s BEFORE even playing one game. !!!

Dude is the smartest player on the team!!!
    Smartest player on the team is actually Justin Fields. I wonder why people dont talk more about how bright he is.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

But even before Mason got his shot, they never took the training wheels off for KP, did they?
    I just think botched handling of the QB played a big part in the whole debacle.
    Truth?
    His bike did not have training wheels until he kept falling down as a rookie.

Took the training wheels off to start season 2. Disaster.

And I would suggest Kenny himself is the one who WISELY puts those back on. Mitch RIDES THE SAME BIKE and it never has training wheels on it. He just kept crashing the bike.

Kenny was rewarded for his self imposed bicycle safety by getting to ride for most of the season.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-29-2024 at 10:14 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

just being a good teammate. Its not like he would say anything negative about the QB’s on the roster now.
    Wilson has worked with the receivers, taken the OL to Pirates games, and texted or called every draft pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Wilson has worked with the receivers, taken the OL to Pirates games, and texted or called every draft pick.
    And texted Kenny when he signed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Ovi,

Help me understand, did you like the selection of Kenny Pickett?
    I know this wasn't addressed to me, but...

I didn't want to pick a QB to pick a QB.

But I also thought KP fell further than he "should have".

I thought it was a reasonable bet.

When you don't have a QB, you need to get a QB.