Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Baldinger: The Steelers won the 2024 NFL Draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Brian Baldinger: The Steelers won the 2024 NFL Draft

Appearing on NFL Network following the conclusion of the 2024 NFL Draft, Baldinger stated that the Steelers "won the draft" and "helped themselves out" in the trenches by landing some of his favorite players in the class.

"I thought the Steelers won the draft."

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/04/ba...t-in-trenches/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

PFF agrees:

"The Pittsburgh Steelers are one of four teams who received an A+ draft grade from Pro Football Focus in the 2024 NFL Draft.

This is the second straight year that PFF has given the Steelers an A+ draft grade."

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...17181_40295938
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 04-28-2024 at 05:16 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Now that is some funny stuff right there.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Glad we won the draft

now let's see if we can translate that into greater success on the field

if these drafts are as great as everyone is saying, then some heads oughta roll if we don't see marked improvement these next couple of years

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Earn Highest Cumulative Grade for NFL Draft

4/28/24

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...17181_40297210

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    PFF agrees:

"The Pittsburgh Steelers are one of four teams who received an A+ draft grade from Pro Football Focus in the 2024 NFL Draft.

This is the second straight year that PFF has given the Steelers an A+ draft grade."

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...17181_40295938
    Unfortunately the Ravens are staying very close in the draft race. I think they were given an A- by some sites.

And you can't hide the luck factor. The highest positions of need for the Steelers happened to be the deepest positions in the class. Any other year and this could have looked a lot different. Add to that that the Steelers were willing to increase pick risk due to injury histories. The Payton Wilson pick in particular could very well be boom or bust. If he ends a bust then a little bit of shine comes off of Kahn's pate.

Fingers crossed that DL class is loaded next year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You know this is great that we can get all excited about perceived success in picking new guys. We should on PAPER dominate the offensive line of scrimmage.

How about the defensive backfield. I see we tried to get somebody to cover TES and that may be a solution to our glaring weakness over the middle. We don't know much about our CBS other then JPJ.
    It appears that we are hoping to acquire CBS from the the unsigned masses. Or we can bring back Peterson who is better at Safety but that's where Minkah rules and he looked not so good at the end of the season. I thought Peterson gave us good safety play at the end of the season while Minkah was out. In fact against the Bills, Minkah stunk up the joint.

I have no faith in our defensive backfield. Our OL dominance means nothing if we fall behind by 2 TDS from teams going deep on us early and taking away our Smashmouth.
    Last edited by "BuzzNuter"; 04-29-2024 at 07:53 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    You know this is great that we can get all excited about perceived success in picking new guys. We should on PAPER dominate the offensive line of scrimmage.

How about the defensive backfield. I see we tried to get somebody to cover TES and that may be a solution to our glaring weakness over the middle. We don't know much about our CBS other then JPJ.
    It appears that we are hoping to acquire CBS from the the unsigned masses. Or we can bring back Peterson who is better at Safety but that's where Minkah rules and he looked not so good at the end of the season. I thought Peterson gave us good safety play at the end of the season while Minkah was out. In fact against the Bills, Minkah stunk up the joint.

I have no faith in our defensive backfield. Our OL dominance means nothing if we fall behind by 2 TDS from teams going deep on us early and taking away our Smashmouth.
    Peterson was not a good safety, and he was an even worse CB. Otherwise the Steelers would have resigned him immediately.

Legend

User Info Menu

Analyst has high praise for Steelers' NFL Draft picks

4/29/24

Teams have a decent track record of finding players later in the draft (Tom Brady, anyone?), but most NFL Draft experts would tell you that the meat and potatoes of any draft are the top 100 picks.

These are the projected top 100 players about to enter the NFL. Whether they be first-rounders or third-rounders, these top 100 generally have the chance to make the biggest impact right away.

That's exciting news for the Pittsburgh Steelers, at least, because general manager Omar Khan had four cracks at it in the top 100 of this year's draft.

He came away with offensive tackle Troy Fautanu (Washington) at pick No. 20, center Zach Frazier (West Virginia) at pick No. 51, wide receiver Roman Wilson (Michigan) at pick No. 84 and linebacker Payton Wilson (NC State) at pick No. 98.

The Steelers had seven selections in total, four of which came in the top 100.

"All four were home runs," Dane Brugler of The Athletic said of Khan's first four picks. "Michigan receiver Roman Wilson is a tough cover because of his speed, and linebacker Payton Wilson will fill up the stat sheet (as long as he stays healthy). It also was difficult not to choose center Zach Frazier here, not only because he was a steal at No. 51, but also because he?s a perfect fit for this team. But I have to go with Fautanu, my ninth-ranked player overall. He will be a Band-Aid for the Pittsburgh offensive line with his ability to play either tackle or guard."

Pittsburgh has always been a hard-nosed franchise, so it's not surprising to see Khan go with two offensive lineman with his first and second round picks.

The Steelers also drafted a guard Mason McCormick (South Dakota State) in the fourth round, meaning three of Pittsburgh's first five picks will go toward the offensive trenches.

"Pittsburgh remade its offensive line in this draft class. Although not a slam-dunk starter, McCormick adds immediate depth on the interior and will push for early playing time," Brugler said.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...13132_40302180

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha