Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Baldinger: The Steelers won the 2024 NFL Draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers picked up an extra 1st round pick in the draft. This should be headline news!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pNxgVq][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2pNxgVq]capture2[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Legend

User Info Menu

Good draft but there is no way you win the draft
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Good draft but there is no way you win the draft
    Or at least no way to know if you won the draft at this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Any time I feel good about the draft, I say to myself "I felt the same way about the '08 class". Then I wait and see how things turn out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mina Kimes: Steelers draft class is my favorite of the year

The ESPN analyst gave a ton of love to the Steelers

May 1, 2024

For the second straight year, the Pittsburgh Steelers put together a draft class that is getting the critical acclaim of a Scorsese film.

Amongst several others praising the Steelers, ESPN's Mina Kimes said that Pittsburgh?s draft class was her favorite in the entire NFL.

I think outside of maybe the Bears getting Caleb [Williams] and [Rome] Odunze obviously being at the top of the draft, [the Steelers] might be my favorite class, honestly, in the entire NFL, Kimes said. The three players that they took with their first three picks- Fautanu, Frazier, Wilson- I would use the same words to describe all of them, which are athletic and nasty. Which you usually use for offensive linemen, not for receivers, but that's what Roman Wilson will be doing in this offense- he does the dirty work. He blocks, he wins in traffic. You saw at Michigan how useful he was on play action on those crossers. You know he is going to be used that way in Arthur Smith's offense. And, in my opinion, he pairs extremely well with George Pickens. The Steelers, unlike a lot of teams in the NFL drafting receivers, did not not need an X receiver- they have one. They needed a slot guy who can do exactly what Roman Wilson does. I think they hit this one out of the park, and if I'm either Russell Wilson or Justin Fields, I'm extremely happy about what they did with this draft.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...2024-nfl-draft
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Any time I feel good about the draft, I say to myself "I felt the same way about the '08 class". Then I wait and see how things turn out.
    This seems like the right process.

I like the decisions we made.

But you don't know if they are good decisions until they play for a while.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I liked it, too, but in hindsight it was the 2021 draft. Should have built the OL.

I learned my lesson by 2021, too bad Colbert and Tomlin did not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I liked it, too, but in hindsight it was the 2021 draft. Should have built the OL.

I learned my lesson by 2021, too bad Colbert and Tomlin did not.
    I also loved that draft. That said Colbert and Tomlin (drafting Pouncey, DD, and Gilbert with premium picks) built one of the best olines in franchise history in subsequent seasons so I think the idea that they learned nothing makes little sense.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I also loved that draft. That said Colbert and Tomlin (drafting Pouncey, DD, and Gilbert with premium picks) built one of the best olines in franchise history in subsequent seasons so I think the idea that they learned nothing makes little sense.
    Don't bother with the details Lemming.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    They should have started earlier, made the same mistake in '21 and '22. Took new GM blood to take the OL serious again.

They've now twice drafted running backs in the first round to run behind poor offensive lines.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 05-04-2024 at 02:23 PM.