Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: UDFAs

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    John Rhys Plumlee, QB, Central Florida
    Plumlee ran for over 1,000 yards as a true freshman QB at Ole Miss so he must be a decent athlete to do that in the SEC.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Plumlee ran for over 1,000 yards as a true freshman QB at Ole Miss so he must be a decent athlete to do that in the SEC.
    John Rhys Plumlee QB, UCF

Plumlee is an intriguing prospect due to his position versatility. He is a quarterback who also played wide receiver (and baseball at UCF, interestingly). A move back to receiver seemed in the cards for Plumlee if he had a shot of making the NFL, but the Steelers announced his signing as a quarterback. At that position, he's fighting an uphill battle to pass Kyle Allen for the QB3 roster spot. However, due to his strong athleticism and versatility, Pittsburgh could give him a look as a Taysom Hill-type of player. It's unlikely, but once he gets to training camp, the Steelers might like Plumlee as a gadget and special teams guy. That, not quarterback, is his best chance of making the roster.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...17198_40296823
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    John Rhys Plumlee QB, UCF

Plumlee is an intriguing prospect due to his position versatility. He is a quarterback who also played wide receiver (and baseball at UCF, interestingly). A move back to receiver seemed in the cards for Plumlee if he had a shot of making the NFL, but the Steelers announced his signing as a quarterback. At that position, he's fighting an uphill battle to pass Kyle Allen for the QB3 roster spot. However, due to his strong athleticism and versatility, Pittsburgh could give him a look as a Taysom Hill-type of player. It's unlikely, but once he gets to training camp, the Steelers might like Plumlee as a gadget and special teams guy. That, not quarterback, is his best chance of making the roster.

I've watched him since he got to UCF. He is not an NFL QB. Very average college QB. He can make splash plays but lots of mediocre in between. Now if they can carve out a "slash" role, he may make it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Someone needs to draw up a marketing plan for Steelers beanie caps

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yeah right.
    What do YOU KNOW about picking what undrafted rookie running backs will succeed on this team?
    I?m way late, but had a big belly laugh on that one.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I?m way late, but had a big belly laugh on that one.
    Warren literally had the best game of his career (college or pro) here in Boise.

Yet astute judge of talent me picked THE OTHER rookie free agent back his rookie season as the one most likely to succeed.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-28-2024 at 11:42 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Warren literally had the best game of his career (college or pro) here in Boise.

Yet astute judge of talent me picked THE OTHER rookie free agent back his rookie season as the one most likely to succeed.
    Meh, some of it depends on that the team is looking for. Speed, power, etc.

You rarely get a total package out of a UDFA. Which is why Warren stood out. From the videos i saw, he was close.

I can scout an RB, but dont ask me to assess a d-lineman… i just read the bios.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Had to go watch highlights.

not especially big or fast. Has damn good vision and runs hard for his size. Doesn?t have much wiggle, but he sees hole and finds hole.

if they keep one beyond cordarrelle, he has got a good chance to make final cuts.
    Daijun Edwards RB, Georgia

The leading running back for one of the nation's best teams, Daijun Edwards didn't hear his name called during the draft. He probably won't make the Steelers roster, either. They have their top three running backs. Edwards is a prime candidate for the practice squad, though. With running backs at an increased risk of injury, he would be a good extra piece to have if needed. He won't break tackles like Najee Harris and Jaylen Warren do. But he's respectable in the passing game, both as a receiver and blocker, which are two positive traits to have.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I've watched him since he got to UCF. He is not an NFL QB. Very average college QB. He can make splash plays but lots of mediocre in between. Now if they can carve out a "slash" role, he may make it.
    John Rhys Plumlee says Steelers want him to play quarterback

The swiss-army knife out of UCF will stick at his natural position

May 1, 2024

After the draft's conclusion, the Pittsburgh Steelers announced their undrafted free-agent signings, including former University of Central Florida QB John Rhys Plumlee. Pittsburgh's interest was significant because they handed out the largest signing bonus in team history for a UDFA.

Many speculated what positions he would play given his supreme athleticism and inconsistent quarterback play, but during his appearance on The Sick Podcast - Steelers Crazy, Plumlee confirmed that he chose the Steelers because they wanted him to remain at quarterback.

Plumlee transferred to UCF in 2022 after an underwhelming career at Ole Miss. He threw for 29 TDs and 15 INTs in his two years at UCF and quickly became a folk hero. The two-sport athlete went viral for playing in a college baseball and football game on the same day in April of 2023.

He will slot behind QBs Russell Wilson, Justin Fields, and Kyle Allen on the Steelers depth chart - and should be an exciting player to monitor as we inch closer to rookie mini-camp.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...2024-nfl-draft

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Beanie Bishop, CB, West Virginia
    The man was productive and fast, but not consistent in coverage. Bishop led the country with 24 passes defended (five more than anyone else) to go along with four interceptions.

He ran a 4.39 forty and a 4.15 20-yard shuttle.

How did he go un-drafted with this production on the field and work out #'s?
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.