Thread: UDFAs

Legend

User Info Menu

Jacoby Windmon, LB, Michigan State

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Jacoby Windmon, LB, Michigan State
    Injured for most of last season, but showed some promise before that. Won some weekly awards in 2022.
    Haven't been able to find his measurables.

Legend

User Info Menu

He had a very good season last fall. On the smaller side, but led the nation in PDs in 2023
    5?10? 183
    More details that leaves you scratching your head as to why nobody even took a flyer on him.

Bishop led the nation in passes defended (24), pass breakups (20), finished second in forced imcompletions (17), and tied for 19th in interceptions (4).

Despite the remarkable season, Bishop did not receive an invite to the Reeses Senior Bowl or NFL Combine. He did, however, have the opportunity to get in front of NFL scouts at the Big 12s first-ever all-league Pro Day and he did not disappoint. There, he ran extremely well, recording the best 40-yard dash time (4.39) and a 20-yard shuttle of 4.15.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-27-2024 at 09:19 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    5?10? 183
    More details that leaves you scratching your head as to why nobody even took a flyer on him.

Bishop led the nation in passes defended (24), pass breakups (20), finished second in forced imcompletions (17), and tied for 19th in interceptions (4).

Despite the remarkable season, Bishop did not receive an invite to the Reeses Senior Bowl or NFL Combine. He did, however, have the opportunity to get in front of NFL scouts at the Big 12s first-ever all-league Pro Day and he did not disappoint. There, he ran extremely well, recording the best 40-yard dash time (4.39) and a 20-yard shuttle of 4.15.
    Fastest man in the conference, had nation leading numbers?

Yet another example of why undrafted free agent signing seem more exciting than late round
    picks.

Heck I don’t get why WE did not draft him over the guy we actually took. So weird.

Well at least we got him now.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

John Rhys Plumlee, QB, Central Florida
    Camp arm and nothing more

Inconsistent and injury prone
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Fastest man in the conference, had nation leading numbers?

Yet another example of why undrafted free agent signing seem more exciting than late round
    picks.

Heck I don?t get why WE did not draft him over the guy we actually took. So weird.

Well at least we got him now.
    I think it?s because he?s older. Might be 25???

When we finished picking in the 6th, I started to wonder if we might have a better UDFA haul advantage because we could spend the entire 7th round prepping while other teams still have to pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

5’10” 183

Fun fact. Beanie had HIGHER All American accolades than fellow Moutaineer this board’s favorite draft pick ZACH FRAZIER.

Beanie Bishop

All-American Selections

College Football Network First Team (12/3)

USA Today Second Team (12/6)
    CBS/247 Sports Honorable Mention (12/6)
    Bleacher Report First Team (12/7)
    Walter Camp First Team (12/
    FWAA First Team (12/11)
    AP Second Team (12/11)
    ———————-

Zach Frazier

All-American Selections
    College Football Network Second Team (12/3)
    USA Today Second Team (12/6)
    The Athletic Second Team (12/6)
    Sports Illustrated Second Team (12/6)
    AP Third Team (12/11)

————————

Leads the nation in pass breakups, runs a Big 12 best 4.39 40 AND the most decorated All American of ALL our rookies?

The fact that this dude was not drafted is insane to me.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-27-2024 at 10:25 PM.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Heck I don’t get why WE did not draft him over the guy we actually took. So weird.
    my guess... conversations were had with him and they knew he'd come... now they got both of them instead of just one of them.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

One more that I missed -- Aeneas Dennis, QB, Benedict College

also, John Rys Plumlee is now listed as QB/WR instead of just QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Daijun Edwards, RB, Georgia
    Had to go watch highlights.

not especially big or fast. Has damn good vision and runs hard for his size. Doesn?t have much wiggle, but he sees hole and finds hole.

if they keep one beyond cordarrelle, he has got a good chance to make final cuts.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington