Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6b) Ryan Watts, CB, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    He’ll be cut
    I agree. Beanie Bishop looks way more interesting.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I agree. Beanie Bishop looks way more interesting.
    Unless they hit FA hard, there's a chance that they both make the squad... They just need to beat out Luq Barcoo at the moment.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

According to PFF, Watts only gave up 1 TD in 267 coverage snaps.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Diamond in the muff drafting right there.

We are so great.
    Nothing like a muff diamond.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sixth-rounder Ryan Watts (DB/Texas)

At 6-2, 208 pounds, Watts played corner at Texas and Ohio State. Most analysts think he is a safety in the NFL.

Until he proves capable of being either at the NFL level, Watts definitely has the potential to help on special teams. Especially with the new kickoff rules, special teams coach Danny Smith is going to want as many people with as much versatility as possible as he surfs through the nuances of who to play and in which particular spots.

Watts has long arms (34? inches). That should help him disengage and fend off blockers in the new, tighter confines of kick coverage expected as a result of the new alignment rules.

Not to mention that the Steelers have lost some important special teams players. James Pierre signed with Washington. Miles Boykin went to the New York Giants. Chandon Sullivan and Elijah Riley are both free agents.

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz...ake-an-impact/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    He?ll be cut
    Knee jerk negativity. I think he'll make the team. There is not a lot of competition in the secondary and the dude and has size and athletic ability as represented by the explosive 40 in vertical and is a physical tackler. So there is enough reason to keep him to see if he develops. They kept James Pierre around for four years and he did not have Watts profile.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    According to PFF, Watts only gave up 1 TD in 267 coverage snaps.
    Great stats. Any idea why he fell so far? Great size. Big school. Good stats. Odd.

Legend

User Info Menu

6th round DB Ryan Watts a potential addition to Steelers' collection of "Avatar" cornerbacks

CHRIS ADAMSKI | Tuesday, April 30, 2024

https://triblive.com/sports/6th-rd-d...r-cornerbacks/

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha