Legend

User Info Menu

6b) Ryan Watts, CB, Texas

Some sites say he projects more as a safety in the NFL
    might contribute to STs right away

I'm cool with that, we can always use those type of players

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Combine #'s were real good. 4.53, 40.5 vert almost 6-3 with 34.5 arms is a lot to work with. OSU to Texas 2 good programs. Worth a late shot. Depo had a 5th round grade on him for what it's worth.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Diamond in the muff drafting right there.

We are so great.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Combine #'s were real good. 4.53, 40.5 vert almost 6-3 with 34.5 arms is a lot to work with. OSU to Texas 2 good programs. Worth a late shot. Depo had a 5th round grade on him for what it's worth.
    great value for where we drafted him
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Nice safety numbers! Could use some better coaching. Worth a gamble this late.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Spent about 30 minutes just going over some plays.
    In bail tech he is not all that. He is better when he can get his "hands on" in press and alter the route. He stays sticky there although I would like to see him finish better. In off zone he is not as aware of where wr's are. If you don't see anyone ifo you stay in your drop and close that hole against the deep out.
    These are some teachable matters to clean up. He may just play better in a "Cat D".
    Potential is there. He made some solid plays against Washington. In that Fautanu play where he does a 360 against the DT on Texas and kicks the rusher outside Watts blankets the wr on an out route.
    He'll be a fun watch at camp.We'll know a lot more after seeing him there competing against other pro's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Spent about 30 minutes just going over some plays.
    In bail tech he is not all that. He is better when he can get his "hands on" in press and alter the route. He stays sticky there although I would like to see him finish better. In off zone he is not as aware of where wr's are. If you don't see anyone ifo you stay in your drop and close that hole against the deep out.
    These are some teachable matters to clean up. He may just play better in a "Cat D".
    Potential is there. He made some solid plays against Washington. In that Fautanu play where he does a 360 against the DT on Texas and kicks the rusher outside Watts blankets the wr on an out route.
    He'll be a fun watch at camp.We'll know a lot more after seeing him there competing against other pro's.
    Thanks. Sounds unSafety like and more Corner. I’m very ok with Avatar corners competing for backup positions. I feel the Steelers are well positioned at Safety already.
    Last edited by dreegking; 04-27-2024 at 09:11 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pittsburgh Steelers: Ryan Watts, CB/S, Texas B Grade

The Steelers had problems in their secondary last year, so adding another defensive back makes sense. Ryan Watts, a versatile defensive back who can play corner and safety, was seen as a sixth-round prospect.

https://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades6.php

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

He’ll be cut
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?