Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 6a) Logan Lee, DT, Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

The last few tweeners haven't worked out so well for the Steelers. Leal, Loudermilk, and Neal, and earlier Brooks come to mind. But of course you have to have a ticket before you can win.

Legend

User Info Menu

Youth along the defensive line: This wasn't addressed until pick No. 178 (sixth round) with Iowa's Logan Lee.

Keeanu Benton was drafted to help in this regard last year. He's promising. Aside from him, there is a void here.

The club is still waiting for Isaiahh Loudermilk and DeMarvin Leal to warrant more time. Armon Watts signed with New England. Cameron Heyward is entering the last year of his contract. The franchise will save $7 million in cap space if they move on from Larry Ogunjobi before 2025 starts.

I'd like to see the team use Breiden Fehoko more this year as a run-stuffer now that they brought him back. Dean Lowry was signed to offset the departure of Watts, but he's already 29.

I understand why the defensive line couldn't be a major point of emphasis this offseason, but it might be the biggest point of emphasis next offseason.

That said, defensive line coach Karl Dunbar says Lee may help out sooner than his status as a sixth-round project may suggest since he checks some important boxes.

"Are they fundamentally sound? Can they take coaching? Those are some of the things we saw from Logan when we watched the film," Dunbar said. "He's a strong-handed big man, and I think he is very mature."

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz...e-draft-recap/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Youth along the defensive line:
    The club is still waiting for Isaiahh Loudermilk and DeMarvin Leal to warrant more time.
    They might be waiting for a long time.

Funny how they're so slow to pull the plug on some of these dudes, and so quick to pull it on others.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    They might be waiting for a long time.

Funny how they're so slow to pull the plug on some of these dudes, and so quick to pull it on others.
    The team drafted Benton so they didn’t really wait.

I think the team knows those guys are back ups, and they wait to see if the light switch flips on for any of them, including Lee this season.

With Cam being in his final year and Larry O being a cap savings to cut after this season, next years draft may well hit the defensive line like this year‘s draft hit the offensive line.

Presently looks like a good dline draft for 2025
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Sixth-rounder Logan Lee (DL/Iowa)

One important trait that Lee brings to the Steelers' defensive line is durability.

He started every game for the Hawkeyes (41) over the past three seasons.

Given how much time Cameron Heyward, Montravius Adams and DeMarvin Leal have missed over the past two years, a player with that much consistent availability could come in handy.

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz...ake-an-impact/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha