Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 4 - Steelers select OG Mason McCormick, S Dakota St

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Im doubtful thats why we traded Dotson.. because he was still on his rookie deal. Im thinking it was more of a "Malcontent" situation. Chuks certainly did well for himself last year though.. making 10 mill to ride the pine...

And back to Dotson.. its concerning that he goes to the Rams.. and becomes one of the best guards in the league. I wish we could bring back our old O-line coach..
    Mike Muchak is gone and apparent does not want to work for Tomlin.

We still have a dolt for a head coach.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Mike Muchak is gone and apparent does not want to work for Tomlin.

We still have a dolt for a head coach.
    False narrative. He wants to be near his daughter and grandchildren who live in Colorado

He's not working right now so following your logic, he doesn't want to work for any coach in the NFL so they all be "dolts"

You can do better than this and just look stupid pushing your anti-Tomlin narrative
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Tomlin ain't perfect. He makes some mistakes and Dotson was one of them.
    Agree. I was saying that when it was happening.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Fourth-rounder Mason McCormick (OL/South Dakota State)

This is the one pick from the Steelers draft I really didn't like. It's got nothing to do with McCormick as a player. I just wanted to see the club address their obvious slot corner need in this round instead of grabbing a third offensive lineman.

Especially one who is unlikely to start this year.

However, having McCormick on the roster could prove important if the Steelers try to acquire a veteran receiver or defensive back sometime between now and the start of the season. If coach Mike Tomlin and general manager Omar Khan deem him capable of replacing Nate Herbig on the roster, the Steelers could save $4 million in cap space.

Also, Herbig and fellow guard James Daniels are both free agents after 2024 ends.

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz...ake-an-impact/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the Khan Artist strikes again!

we brought him in for a visit.
    NFL COMBINE WORKOUT STATS: MASON MCCORMICK

FORTY YARD DASH
    5.08 SECS

VERTICAL JUMP
    35.50 "

BROAD JUMP

117"

SHUTTLE
    4.45 SECS

PRO-DAY WORKOUT STATS
    BENCH PRESS
    32 REPS

Now his 40, vertical jump, and bench pass is very good for a guard.

For you RAS score guys, he scored a :

He scored an unofficial 9.96 #RAS out of a possible 10.00!

Wow we got him in round four? These are high first round #s. I am excited to see what this rookie has.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Backup

User Info Menu

He will be a starter in a couple years time imo.

As far as addressing a starting nickel corner, I think the Steelers are better positioned going into this year than the last few.

Also, not liking a pick to go after a nickel as posted by several here - Question: who are the Starting Nickels drafted in the fourth round or later? Truly - I don’t know. Asking. To be upset or not like a pick because of that perspective alone seems pretty foolish, no?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dreegking View Post

As far as addressing a starting nickel corner, I think the Steelers are better positioned going into this year than the last few.

Also, not liking a pick to go after a nickel as posted by several here - Question: who are the Starting Nickels drafted in the fourth round or later? Truly - I don?t know. Asking. To be upset or not like a pick because of that perspective alone seems pretty foolish, no?
    Actually they tend to be drafted around round 5. That?s why they?re called NICKELS.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-03-2024 at 11:54 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dreegking View Post

Also, not liking a pick to go after a nickel as posted by several here - Question: who are the Starting Nickels drafted in the fourth round or later? Truly - I don’t know. Asking. To be upset or not like a pick because of that perspective alone seems pretty foolish, no?
    I think Sneed for KC was a 3rd or 4th round CB and he's pretty good.