Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 4 - Steelers select OG Mason McCormick, S Dakota St

Legend

User Info Menu

Can he play corner?
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

This is the type of pick the intrigues me. A small school star who tested out very well and played well at the shire bowl. If he went to a power 5 conference or played at the senior bowl he could have been drafted higher. We may have a something here.

Can the Steelers carry three rookie offense lineman on the roster? A fair question.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    This is the type of pick the intrigues me. A small school star who tested out very well and played well at the shire bowl. If he went to a power 5 conference or played at the senior bowl he could have been drafted higher. We may have a something here.

Can the Steelers carry three rookie offense lineman on the roster? A fair question.
    This is a really point Joel.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Never know.. could be our next Hargrave.. Highsmith (small school, mid round) success story.

Backup

User Info Menu

I could not be happier. With what was left. He was my guy. The Lines have depth everywhere. Big time. Glad they made this pick.

Backup

User Info Menu

Why the concern? They have two top 30 corners in the league. Arguably two top 15. And a couple late additions balled out for them and will play nickel. Not to mention three safeties at times.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Can he play corner?
    Says the man who criticizes the team for REACHING for need rather than take BPA?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post

I hope so.

Every team needs ol, so even his that aren't great get snapped up of practice squads.

Wonder if we try to flip an ol for picks? Herbig maybe?

If we had a backup T we trust, I could see trading Moore too. Hard to pay that performance escalator to a guy on the bench. I think that's why we traded Dotson instead of keeping him for depth.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I hope so.

Every team needs ol, so even his that aren't great get snapped up of practice squads.

Wonder if we try to flip an ol for picks? Herbig maybe?

If we had a backup T we trust, I could see trading Moore too. Hard to pay that performance escalator to a guy on the bench. I think that's why we traded Dotson instead of keeping him for depth.
    Im doubtful thats why we traded Dotson.. because he was still on his rookie deal. Im thinking it was more of a "Malcontent" situation. Chuks certainly did well for himself last year though.. making 10 mill to ride the pine...

And back to Dotson.. its concerning that he goes to the Rams.. and becomes one of the best guards in the league. I wish we could bring back our old O-line coach..
    Last edited by Ernie; 04-28-2024 at 07:22 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Im doubtful thats why we traded Dotson.. because he was still on his rookie deal. Im thinking it was more of a "Malcontent" situation. Chuks certainly did well for himself last year though.. making 10 mill to ride the pine...

And back to Dotson.. its concerning that he goes to the Rams.. and becomes one of the best guards in the league. I wish we could bring back our old O-line coach..
    Tomlin ain't perfect. He makes some mistakes and Dotson was one of them.