Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nobody Predicted any of this? Really?

Legend

User Info Menu

Nobody Predicted any of this? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Nobody predicted any of this.
    It looks like the Steelers simply let the draft come to them.
    Skill or luck?
    Dont care.
    Awesome first 2 picks now.
    Nobody predicted this?

Oh I did my brother. Despite my panic attack yesterday, on April 5th I suggested this is EXACTLY what we could and would do.

In reply to a post that was panicking that JPJ would be gone in round 1 I suggested:

1. JPJ would likely last til the second round but not fall to us.
    2. There would be a MUCH BETTER center than ANY of the remaining tackles in round 2.
    3. Thus drafting tackle 1st and center second the ONLY WAY we fix TWO spots of need on the line
    4. Following pick would likely be a receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    A good chunk of this board (self included) wanted Creed in the first as we felt he would never make it out of that round.

And dont forget we are less that a year away from the last time a JPJ was supposed to be gone and was a surprise day two pick.

That said do I think he has a chance of reaching OUR pick in round 2? Nope. But would prioritizing a tackle and getting one of the other two top centers be all that bad?

I do agree with you, I don?t want to wait til round 3 for center.

That leaves receiver. Somehow, I think they have some scheme to snap up a cap cut for a legit number 2 if the right guy does not drop to round 3. And cap cuts ALWAYS happen at receiver.

So I say:
    1. Tackle
    2. Center
    3. Receiver

JPJ is unlikely but I think the round 2 centers are going to be considerably better than round 2 tackles making for a better overall offensive line haul.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ghlight=center
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-27-2024 at 01:06 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Nobody predicted this?

Oh I did my brother. Despite my panic attack yesterday, on April 5th I suggested this is EXACTLY what we could and would do.

In reply to a post that was panicking that JPJ would be gone in round 1 I suggested:

2. There would be a MUCH BETTER center than ANY of the remaining tackles in round 2.
    3. Thus drafting tackle 1st and center second the ONLY WAY we fix TWO spots of need on the line

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

my time-based prediction also came true.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Realistically, I think either JPJ or Frazier will fall to us @ 51.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW, Deville is killin the predictions. He is more specific than my more general stuff.

Someone a few weeks ago was arguing with me about how unpredictable Khan was compared to Colbert. Nah man, we are loving these picks for 2 years because he is doing exactly what we want him to do. VERY predictable.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    my time-based prediction also came true.
    Yup, to my point that this is VERY predictable.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW, Deville is killin the predictions. He is more specific than my more general stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Wilson and Wilson.
    yup, DeVille got both of our 3rd round selections correct.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Captain Lemming

Nobody predicted this?

You are welcome to have another panic attack!
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nobody predicted this?

The best part about posting a lot is that some of those posts have to be right!

Just like the draftniks that post 100 mocks. At least some of those picks will be right on the money!

Legend

User Info Menu

Someone a few weeks ago was arguing with me about how unpredictable Khan was compared to Colbert. Nah man, we are loving these picks for 2 years because he is doing exactly what we want him to do. VERY predictable.
    Thanks for the love. Like you said, it is easy when it is predictable

one thing i saw this morning on Steelers depot that might shape day 3 predictions…

Dulac says khan recently spoke to Cam Sutton.

Between him and Trices possible return, CB may not be necessary at this point.

They could go DL, OLB or even double dip at a position
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Thanks for the love. Like you said, it is easy when it is predictable

one thing i saw this morning on Steelers depot that might shape day 3 predictions…

Dulac says khan recently spoke to Cam Sutton.

Between him and Trices possible return, CB may not be necessary at this point.

They could go DL, OLB or even double dip at a position
    Nah man, Sutton has always been too small. I think Pierre is still available. I heard he started over Cam so why not just bring Pierre back?

TCFCLTC-