Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Round 3b-Peyton Wilson

Legend

User Info Menu

Another reason for the drop -- he's already 24. Not a big deal to me if he can play right away, get 6-7 years out of him and it's a great pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Payton Wilson's fall in the 2024 NFL Draft, explained

One of college football's best linebackers had to wait a while to hear his name called

Apr 27, 2024

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2024/4/..._gl=1*15nb15p*
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    Amazing isn't it, 6ft. 4in, 240 lbs and runs a 4.4 forty. Bigger then Shazier and almost as fast.

This could be one of those great Steeler draft picks that changes our defense or he could get hurt and be a bust. That's why he went in the 4th.
    I certainly understand why he dropped. Just silly to suggest it is crazy to take him over the 13th corner.

whisper is suggesting we draft for NEED.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this was a solid value pick. High risk, high reward type of player. But at 3b I?ll take that risk. Hes a very good Lbr but a LBr with shoulder issues missing an ACL? That?s rough.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think this was a solid value pick. High risk, high reward type of player. But at 3b I?ll take that risk. Hes a very good Lbr but a LBr with shoulder issues missing an ACL? That?s rough.
    Hines Ward did not have an ACL.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I do believe he did have ONE.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    True, but Hines didn't have to shed blocks every play he was on the field. I hope this guy has a standout career with the Steelers but his injury history has to be taken into account.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    day 3? CB, DT and a random?
    Just read this and lol? i slayed

And OG was certainly random. Did not see that one coming, but love the foresight in case they cannot sign Daniels. Or dont want to?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Could be bust if injury ends his career but.

If he is healthy I predict he winds up the best player of our draft period. I keep watching clips and this guy is not just time fast. He is football fast.

Closing and beating TWO closer teammates to make a play. Catching people from WAY behind. Troy like ability to rocket into the backfield to create a loss.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-02-2024 at 01:32 AM.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Could be bust if injury ends his career but.

If he is healthy I predict he winds up the best player of our draft period. I keep watching clips and this guy is not just time fast. He is football fast.

Closing and beating TWO closer teammates to make a play. Catching people from WAY behind. Troy like ability to rocket into the backfield to create a loss.
    I think he is faster than he is quick. He has tremendous straight line speed and a nose for holes. He can play mean. I like the guy. But he is no Cooper. With that said, 3b? Yeah I like that value.
    Trolls are people too.