Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 3b-Peyton Wilson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    definitely an A grade so far
    WRONG. It's a A+
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Someone said they view him as a one contract guy and one contract with 1st round talent is better than 2 from ?average? talent.

Basically says to me that they are worried about Holcomb and they know Robinson is not the answer
    Probably the best description of him. A short term solution to a problem position. Reload in a season or two. If he didn't have the injury history the Steelers don't even get a sniff of the guy. One big hit on D. Henry and he could be done.

(last I read, Holcomb is pretty much being written off for this season...)

Legend

User Info Menu

I like this pick. While I never heard of him until the combine the clips of game tape sold me. I think he has the range in pass protection that we have lacked at LB.

and we have a history of finding white LBers who ball out.. j/k but true.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

When it comes to athleticism and talent he is a first round pick. To fall to 3b tells you how significant his injury history is. This is the type of pick that sounds amazing on paper because you see the 40 time, you see the tape. You hear from opposing coaches that he is just a beast to play against. But availability is the best ability. Based on pure talent I had Edgerrin Cooper ahead of him but not by much. It?s the injury history that really concerns me. If the Steelers can find creative ways to use him and keep him healthy then this could turn out to be the steal of the draft. But, I?m not holding my breathe on that one.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Absolutely killing it. It reminds me of one of those mock drafts you get and say to yourself "yeah, right...that will never happen".

It actually happened.

LOL, Wilson was a considered by most to be the best LB in the draft, his injuries were the only reason he fell so far.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Someone said they view him as a one contract guy and one contract with 1st round talent is better than 2 from ?average? talent.

Basically says to me that they are worried about Holcomb and they know Robinson is not the answer
    I would suggest he is the extreme opposite of Robinson. More fast than strong, very skilled at reading the offense. Best case scenario, they are complementary. I look at them filling different down/distance needs.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    When it comes to athleticism and talent he is a first round pick. To fall to 3b tells you how significant his injury history is. This is the type of pick that sounds amazing on paper because you see the 40 time, you see the tape. You hear from opposing coaches that he is just a beast to play against. But availability is the best ability. Based on pure talent I had Edgerrin Cooper ahead of him but not by much. It?s the injury history that really concerns me. If the Steelers can find creative ways to use him and keep him healthy then this could turn out to be the steal of the draft. But, I?m not holding my breathe on that one.
    He has been healthy with no issues the last two years

read him talking about “managing his body”
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I like him a lot. Great value in round three.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Legend

User Info Menu

I swear you liked this draft like an hour ago
    I did and overall still do. I think a mistake was made with 3b.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Having a linebacker that can cover a TE? Oh my goodness

Can't believe it. We're about 10 years too late to cover Rob Gronkowski. ��

Apr 27, 2024

https://twitter.com/Blitz_Burgh/stat...ate-98-overall
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha