Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 - C, WR, CB or DL?

Legend

User Info Menu

Round 2 - C, WR, CB or DL?

I think we have to do whatever is necessary to get one of the two plug and play centers left, JPJ or Frazier.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I think we have to do whatever is necessary to get one of the two plug and play centers left, JPJ or Frazier.
    Agree 100 percent. If one goes early 2nd Im trading a pick to get the other guy.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Best prospects still available in 2024 NFL Draft

Published: Apr 25, 2024

Daniel Jeremiah

https://www.nfl.com/news/best-prospe...2024-nfl-draft
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Zero doubt to me they get one of the top two C left in the draft in round Two.

Depending how the board played out, I always felt they were going T and C in the first two rounds and then 2 receivers in round 3. Time will tell.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Package pick 98 and maybe a pick in next year's draft to move up and get Frazier or JPJ. Get the receiver at 84, then hopefully a slot corner.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think going with a "really want" over a need in round 1 means we still have the same needs.

My guess is that we'd like to draft a C WR and slot CB today.

I don't think we'll trade away a 3rd this year. Because I thunk we need those picks.

Not sure how far we can move up without trading those.

Maybe we let the draft come to us?

Take one of the 2 Cs if they are there.

WR or CB if not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think going with a "really want" over a need in round 1 means we still have the same needs.

My guess is that we'd like to draft a C WR and slot CB today.

I don't think we'll trade away a 3rd this year. Because I thunk we need those picks.

Not sure how far we can move up without trading those.

Maybe we let the draft come to us?

Take one of the 2 Cs if they are there.

WR or CB if not.
    I think the WRs and DBs look like the best options. There?s still a couple of game changers out there.

Im not convinced either of the top Cs in this class are elite and could be ok going with the C from GA, PSU, or WI a little later in the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dreegking View Post
    Zero doubt to me they get one of the top two C left in the draft in round Two.

Depending how the board played out, I always felt they were going T and C in the first two rounds and then 2 receivers in round 3. Time will tell.
    TWO WR's in round three? NO WAY.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Have the Steelers ever drafted OL in the first two rounds. I don't think it ever happened at least in the SB era.

If Fautanu wasn't there would we have drafted Barton? What if Barton and Fautanu were gone at #20 would we have taken Fraizer or Johnson?

If we hear a trade up in the 2nd by the Steelers then it will be a center? That's what I believe otherwise it will be a CB or DT at 51.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    They need all 4 of these positions.

If they pull off JPJ, it would be insanely good in getting guys that are considered instant starters on the OL and cornerstones for years to come..

It might cost quite a bit to move up that far. And while I'd love it, I'd also say Im not sure the team does with so much talent on the board still. I wonder how much trade value Dan Moore Jr has
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington