Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 - C, WR, CB or DL?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    Have the Steelers ever drafted OL in the first two rounds. I don't think it ever happened at least in the SB era.

If Fautanu wasn't there would we have drafted Barton? What if Barton and Fautanu were gone at #20 would we have taken Fraizer or Johnson?

If we hear a trade up in the 2nd by the Steelers then it will be a center? That's what I believe otherwise it will be a CB or DT at 51.
    I saw an insider say Guyton was their next option, not Barton... Sounds like they were sticking to positional values as they stand (OT is more likely a 1st round pick where C is typically rounds 2/3)

As a side note, they also haven't drafted OL in the first 2 consecutive years. But, they just did.

I'd love to see how their board stacks - bringing JPJ in late almost indicates that they realized there's a chance he's on the board at 51...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Realistically, I think either JPJ or Frazier will fall to us @ 51.

Then we go WR and slot CB in Round 3.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

That would be ideal.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dreegking View Post
    Zero doubt to me they get one of the top two C left in the draft in round Two.

Depending how the board played out, I always felt they were going T and C in the first two rounds and then 2 receivers in round 3. Time will tell.
    Van-Pran Granger in Round 3
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    Have the Steelers ever drafted OL in the first two rounds. I don't think it ever happened at least in the SB era.

If Fautanu wasn't there would we have drafted Barton? What if Barton and Fautanu were gone at #20 would we have taken Fraizer or Johnson?

If we hear a trade up in the 2nd by the Steelers then it will be a center? That's what I believe otherwise it will be a CB or DT at 51.
    If Troy wasn't there I would think Mitchell would likely have been the selection. I was wrong because I thought it would be Mitchell. I'm good with the T and believe he'll likely start quickly.

Legend

User Info Menu

would love this
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Sign me up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    If Troy wasn't there I would think Mitchell would likely have been the selection. I was wrong because I thought it would be Mitchell. I'm good with the T and believe he'll likely start quickly.
    The Steelers waited long into the clock before submitting the pick. I would assume that they already knew that Fautanu was high up their board so that wasn't the delay. My thinking was that they were fielding trade offers. I wonder who was calling and who they were looking at grabbing.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have a sneaking suspicion they go Defense (CB, DL, LB) in the 2nd.

Based on who I expect to be around, Braden Fiske is the clubhouse leader with a sales pitch of "we told ya we want to be physical"

They looked a a lot of round 3/4 centers during the draft process, so they knew that taking one of the top ones wasn't the only option.

Connor Williams is still out there as a FA during a year where the center draft is deep; meaning he will have a smaller than typical market for a player of his caliber

DeVille's final Mock

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The Steelers waited long into the clock before submitting the pick. I would assume that they already knew that Fautanu was high up their board so that wasn't the delay. My thinking was that they were fielding trade offers. I wonder who was calling and who they were looking at grabbing.
    Based on their commentary during the press conference?
    Tomlin wanted him ("we weren't moving off Troy")
    Omar wanted to field calls
    I think Tomlin said something about how Omar wore him out.

DeVille's final Mock