Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 - Steelers select Troy Fautanu, OT, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers NFL Draft grades 2024: Picking Troy Fautanu at No. 20 provides Russell Wilson top-tier protection

Here's what Pittsburgh is getting in the former Washington star

The Pittsburgh Steelers have claimed one of the top offensive linemen in this class, as general manager Omar Khan selected former Washington offensive tackle Troy Fautanu at No. 20 overall.

Fautanu has experience at both tackle and guard, but pundits predict he could move inside at the next level. However, it's the kind of versatility Fautanu possesses that is coveted around the league. Fautanu won the 2023 Morris Trophy, which is awarded to the best offensive lineman in the Pac 12. He was also named 2023 first-team All-Pac 12, and had the fifth-best PFF pass blocking grade among FBS tackles last season with an 88.2.

Fautanu allowed just two sacks in 1,161 pass blocking snaps over the past two seasons. Here's what the Steelers are getting in their new Russell Wilson protector.

NFL Draft grade: B

"The Steelers needed another tackle to go with Broderick Jones, but Fautano can also play inside. He is a physical player who fits what they want to do. This is a nice, solid Steelers pick." -- Pete Prisco

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...er-protection/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin says he’s playing T.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Tomlin says he’s playing T.
    Yippeeeeee
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would be highly surprised if the Steelers take a Center tomorrow. Well maybe in the 3rd round perhaps.

I see us taking a CB or DT in Rd 2.

Legend

User Info Menu

Barton to Tamp so that is one Center gone.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Grading the Steelers first-round selection of Washington OT Troy Fautanu in the 2024 NFL Draft

Apr 25, 2024

The wait of wondering who the Pittsburgh Steelers will select in the first round is over.

Pittsburgh selected Washington offensive tackle Troy Fautanu with the No. 20 pick, making it clear they are trying to get stronger up front.

Fautanu was one of the best pass-blocking tackles in the country last season, keeping Michael Penix clean and giving him time to distribute the ball to Rome Odunze and Jalen McMillan en route to helping the Huskies earn a berth in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game.

The Steelers taking Fautanu says they are comfortable with keeping Broderick Jones at right tackle. Unless they are going to try to shift him Fautanu to the right side and move Jones to left. Regardless, it?s clear the Steelers recognized their issues up front. They still have a hole at center to fill, but they have what they hope will be two franchise centerpieces at either tackle spot, and they get them in consecutive years.

This is a home run selection for the Steelers. While some would have preferred Graham Barton, the Steelers can still address center on Day Two. This is a great pick and the Steelers didn't have to move up to make it happen.

Final Grade: A

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...2024-nfl-draft
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

"steel" of the draft
    lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    I would be highly surprised if the Steelers take a Center tomorrow. Well maybe in the 3rd round perhaps.

I see us taking a CB or DT in Rd 2.
    Add WR to the 2nd round possibilities.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    "steel" of the draft
    lol
    I’m still holding out hope that after the steeler media brainwashes some, a fan or two will say it was a great pick. As of right now, everyone is thinking for themselves and chiming in that they can’t understand the pick. Let’s see who gets ‘convinced’ otherwise in the next day or so.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I?m still holding out hope that after the steeler media brainwashes some, a fan or two will say it was a great pick. As of right now, everyone is thinking for themselves and chiming in that they can?t understand the pick. Let?s see who gets ?convinced? otherwise in the next day or so.
    I'm already convinced... It wasn't who I hoped for, but who I hoped for was gone. I wanted an OT, they NEEDED an OT and they took one who graded out as a first rounder (Dane Brugler had him as a top 10 overall prospect).

How's that a bad selection? (serious question)
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington