Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers have fools gold at quarterback.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We don’t need to draft the whole QB class. Every pick is a gamble. Just because the top 3 QB’s in the 2024 draft are considered strong QBs doesn’t guarantee the 5th and 6th QB’s are legit.

If we don’t get a top 12 pick then maybe it means Russ or Fields panned out and we extend them.

lmao at $20 Million Mason having the nerve to tell someone they don’t know what they are talking about.
    It was for three years, the Steelers went in a different direction. LAMO at you for leaving that out.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    It was for three years, the Steelers went in a different direction. LAMO at you for leaving that out.
    yes, you said $20 Mill per year, $40 Mill with a 3rd year option.

High priority Steeler free agents Rudoplh - 20 Million a year, two year deal of 40 million, with a 3rd year option by the Steelers. I would like to see this deal wrapped up before the draft.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...dolph+contract

Are you talking about something else
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

BUT the QB class in 2025 is not as good as it is in 2024, and we will not get a top 12 pick I'm 2025. Nix is not a terrible idea. You don't know what you are talking about.
    Um, a 7th rd QB played in the SB last season.
    Scouting and scheme matter.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think they knew Kenny would demand a trade once Wilson came in and was given pole position.

QB’s don’t stick around in those situations.

Also have to remember Khan wasn’t the GM who drafted Kenny so maybe he felt like he didn’t have time to waste. I still would’ve liked to see Kenny with a new offense before moving on but Russell Wilson’s at vet minimum was a Haley’s Comet type situation.

If this fails, its going to be a rough year for Tomlin and Khan regardless if Kenny plays in 2024 or not because he played 99% of the time with Canada as OC. If the offense still struggles with Russ and Fields then the question is if our scheme on offensive is outdated.
    I would bet a week's salary that KP would be a Steeler backup this season if he hadn't asked to be traded. So a backup here or a backup elsewhere was his choice.

Legend

User Info Menu

Using his words against him.... quit picking on Joel
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Then we grab a QB in 2025 and start over.

We are all in on 2024 so drafting a QB at 20 or moving up for a QB like Nix is a terrible idea. Word is Nix is being viewed as a second rounder and backup QB around the league.

We shall see tonight if it holds true.
    This.

And it's basically the same position we'd be in if we rolled out KP and Mason again. Especially if Mason only wanted to sign a 1 year deal to see if he could up his stock and get a better deal the next year.

Having an extra year of term doesn't matter if you don't play well anyway. Just ask Mitch.

Joel just really likes dreaming about new QBs I think.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's just a rerun of the Pierre conversation.

Joel. People will respect you more when you admit that you were wrong about things you were so obviously wrong about.

You spend weeks arguing Mason was going to make $20MM / year (and that Pierre was already a starter for us).

No one will take you seriously in the future when you blatantly lie like this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It's just a rerun of the Pierre conversation.

Joel. People will respect you more when you admit that you were wrong about things you were so obviously wrong about.

You spend weeks arguing Mason was going to make $20MM / year (and that Pierre was already a starter for us).

No one will take you seriously in the future when you blatantly lie like this.
    I asked if it was something else because there is no way he is trying to say he meant 3 years at $20 Million.

That would be a realistic prediction and we all know that is not what Joel was pushing for weeks.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Um, a 7th rd QB played in the SB last season.
    Scouting and scheme matter.
    I agree. I think that drafting a decent QB and putting him in a great situation will get you further than drafting a top QB and playing him in a horrible situation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I agree. I think that drafting a decent QB and putting him in a great situation will get you further than drafting a top QB and playing him in a horrible situation.
    makes perfect sense to draft a QB like Milton late and let him sit for a few years.