Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's what I predict!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    IMHO a year ago when we traded up Porter ,Christian Gonalez and Jones were all options. Not that often we move up like that so again imho less predictable than in the past. And it was not obvious who we moved up for until the pick was in.
    Porter in the 2nd that was predictable when we kept the pick but there were many who believed because we had more then one trade offer we were not going to keep the pick. Benton yes he was on our radar.
    Trading back in the 3rd was again an unpredictable move imho. Again not something we often had done.
    And I feel comfortable stating we are not so predictable. Today a few days out from this draft I would say there are at least a half dozen guys who are legit options for us in round 1. That is if we do not move out of pick 20. Round 2 probably a dozen guys on the radar so overall I feel better about not tipping our hand as much as in the Colbert era.
    True we moved. Just like we did for Devon Bush a few years ago. Except that time we moved to top 10. I knew who they were going to pick. They did not even show much interest AT ALL in Gonzalez (reports were that Tomlin did not like him before the draft) and the Jets were STRONGLY rumored to want Jones not a corner so it was indeed VERY predictable. As was:
    Porter
    Benton
    Washington
    Herbig

The only surprise was they were mostly available a round later than they were mocked to us…Which made them MORE obvious,

This thread is about surprise PICKS not just moves unless it involves moved to pick a player that is a surprise.

Moving up to pick one of the two players most frequently mocked to us in the first was no surprise. Most mocks that had us picking Porter in the first was because they mocked Jones as being gone before us.

I will repeat. When was the last time that we went 5 deep without a single surprise pick when we saw what was on the board at that pick?

Give any season where by pick 3 you weren’t surprised at a pick. Never before has the consensus of this board been so aligned with our picks. Why?

THEY WERE MORE PREDICTABLE THAN WE HAVE EVER SEEN.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    My sleeper picks for Center are Nourzad from Penn State or Limmer from Ark
    I would prefer something closer to a sure thing than a 4th round sleeper pick but that's just me. I'm a guy that thinks center is the most important position on the offensive line and when the Steelers have a good one they are more successful.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I?ll predict whoever gets selected will be great picks and steals. Certain fans on here will praise the picks even tho they never mocked them or even heard of them.
    I?ll predict that certain fans will give us As and Bs and make fun of the browns picks.
    They will also post articles that give the Steelers good draft grades and not post the bad ones.
    They will say an individual that ?has no credibility? because they didn?t like what was written about the Steelers will all of a sudden have credibility now because they say something nice about the Steelers.
    If a trade gets made, the ?Kahn man? will get credit for duping the other team .
    And lastly, some fans will cry if any fans criticize a pick.
    Last edited by whatever; 04-22-2024 at 09:34 AM.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I’ll predict whoever gets selected will be great picks and steals. Certain fans on here will praise the picks even tho they never mocked them or even heard of them.
    I’ll predict that certain fans will give us As and Bs and make fun of the browns picks.
    They will also post articles that give the Steelers good draft grades and not post the bad ones.
    They will say an individual that ‘has no credibility’ because they didn’t like what was written about the Steelers will all of a sudden have credibility now because they say something nice about the Steelers.
    If a trade gets made, the ‘Kahn man’ will get credit for duping the other team .
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yes, fans are predictable,
    That’s why I made the post.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, fans are predictable,
    That’s why I made the post.
    your annual post bashing the fans is hilarious.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I?ll predict whoever gets selected will be great picks and steals. Certain fans on here will praise the picks even tho they never mocked them or even heard of them.
    I?ll predict that certain fans will give us As and Bs and make fun of the browns picks.
    They will say an individual that ?has no credibility? because they didn?t like what was written about the Steelers will all of a sudden have credibility now because they say something nice about the Steelers.
    If a trade gets made, the ?Kahn man? will get credit for duping the other team .
    And lastly, some fans will cry if any fans criticize a pick.

It's not even a prediction that you will put everything as a negative...it is a guarantee! Keep trolling.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

It's not even a prediction that you will put everything as a negative...it is a guarantee! Keep trolling.
    He must be fun at parties. Can’t imagine watching a game with him.. crapping on fans every time they cheer and bashing them for rooting for the team.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 04-22-2024 at 11:16 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    your annual post bashing the fans is hilarious.
    What is MORE hilarious is the effort he had to put criticizing fans for being happy about drafting PLAYERS HE WANTED before we actually drafted them.

Best he had was to tell us that if a pure blocking tight end who was mocked to us occasionally as a first round pick was actually the FOURTH player we picked.

But if this tackle like TE did not catch more passes than the HIGHEST DRAFTED FIRST ROUND TIGHT END IN FRANCHISE HISTORY it was a terrible mistake.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-22-2024 at 01:08 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

My sleeper picks for Center are Nourzad from Penn State or Limmer from Ark
    Those are a couple of names that have gotten more play lately. My big question on either is if they are day one starters, and if not then how long?