Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Montrez Sweat gets DWI

Legend

User Info Menu

Montrez Sweat gets DWI

Totally dumb anytime but especially this close to the draft

Massive space eating DT. Will probably drop a couple of rounds.

Would you take the chance and bargain shop?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

TVondre Sweat the Texas DT did get arrested for DWI. He surely is one of the top DL in this draft. He was projected to be drafted before the end of round 2. This can not help him. I'm sure many teams will go back and do some digging into what went on and was it a one time event or is there anything else.
    For this young player lets hope it was a one time event.
    Everyone makes mistakes so if he checks out okay and that this was more a one time thing why not take a chance on drafting him. I would believe he will drop in the draft and yes a team may get a value if say he was drafted a few rounds later then expected.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Everyone deserves a second chance. Just a young man with what is perhaps a drinking problem. This guy is quick and fast for a big man if I remember the combine.

Bring him in and talk to him. If he seems repentant give him a shot in the 3rd.

Legend

User Info Menu

Geez.

He's far more likely of being guilty of being a dummy for a night than having a 'drinking problem'. One charge. Not a history of charges. I doubt this effects his draft status at all.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Legend

User Info Menu

a race where people lost their lives didn’t impact the DT from UGA so I doubt this has much impact.

might cost him a few spots but doubt he drops down a round or 2 unless he flubs interview questions.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Just a reason to re-interview the guy. Maybe a couple of teams will drop him down but as long as he knows how to talk to teams when they ask about it, I doubt there will be much of a change in his draft stock.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Just a reason to re-interview the guy. Maybe a couple of teams will drop him down but as long as he knows how to talk to teams when they ask about it, I doubt there will be much of a change in his draft stock.
    Yep
    Don't think this moves the needle much if any in our favor

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sweat wasn't available at 51 all that frequently in most of the mocks I did. If the Steelers get their center in the first round and he does slide, then I would definitely in favor of using our 2nd round pick on him. Stopping the run is always priority number one and I'm doing a full-on Homer Simpson donut drool thinking about adding this guy to the defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Totally dumb anytime but especially this close to the draft

Massive space eating DT. Will probably drop a couple of rounds.

Would you take the chance and bargain shop?
    More like he will drop a few spots ( 10-25 ) in the draft, not a couple of rounds.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Geez.

He's far more likely of being guilty of being a dummy for a night than having a 'drinking problem'. One charge. Not a history of charges. I doubt this effects his draft status at all.
    Well, from an addiction standpoint a DWI is indicative of a probable alcohol problem. I believe the last stats showed 75% of those with one DWI meet criteria for an alcohol use disorder. I dont think the comment was that far off.
    Trolls are people too.