Thread: Hard Knocks - AFCN?

Legend

User Info Menu

Hard Knocks - AFCN?

Seems HBO will expand the show to an entire division. Given that the AFCN featured 3 teams in the playoffs last year the division could be a target:

(never had it, won't get it, don't care to watch it)

HBO's 'Hard Knocks' 2024 In-Season Edition to Feature NFL Division, Not Single Team

The NFL is making a significant change to the in-season edition of the critically acclaimed HBO series Hard Knocks during the 2024 campaign.

According to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, NFL Chief Media and Business Officer Brian Rolapp said Tuesday that the 2024 in-season Hard Knocks will focus on an entire division rather than a single team.

Rolapp added that the NFL has yet to decide which of its eight divisions will be the subject of the docuseries.

Hard Knocks debuted in 2001, and while it initially focused only on teams during training camp, that changed in 2021.

Since 2021, there has been a preseason edition of Hard Knocks and an in-season edition. In 2021, the Indianapolis Colts were the subject of the first in-season Hard Knocks, followed by the Arizona Cardinals in 2022 and the Miami Dolphins in 2023.

The change added new wrinkles to Hard Knocks since the in-season edition is less about players trying to make a team and teams preparing for the season, and more about the trials and tribulations teams go through during the grueling NFL season.

By choosing a singular team, the NFL can't necessarily control what types of storylines will play out during he season.

A good team will be battling for the playoffs, a bad team will be out of it and a middling team will likely experience plenty of ups and downs.

HBO's 'Hard Knocks' 2024 In-Season Edition to Feature NFL Division, Not Single Team
    ✨ Watch more top videos, highlights, and B/R original content
    Showcasing an entire division will allow the NFL and HBO to show the full gamut of what teams go through during an entire NFL season.

There are always exceptions, but most divisions tend to have at least one really good team, one or two in the middle and one that is among the league's worst.

Of course, there is a possibility that a division can be chosen in which every team has a chance to either win the division or make the playoffs until late in the year, much like the AFC North and NFC South last season.

Whatever the case, the new format of the in-season Hard Knocks represents the continued evolution of the series, and it should make for some must-see TV for football fans

Legend

User Info Menu

Would love to see this for the AFCN.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I would hate to see the Steelers be part of this
    there are enough problems already due to all the exposure to media these young players have; when it comes to what's going on outside of the games, we need less of this, not more

my 2c

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    there are enough problems already due to all the exposure to media these young players have; when it comes to what's going on outside of the games, we need less of this, not more

my 2c
    I agree. Major distraction
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

So much success with all this laser focus without Hard Knocks causing distractions.. lol.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

my 2c
    I'm really surprised the league didn't already make this happen. Based on their original rules, there haven't been many opportunities for the Steelers to be a part of the show (you have to have missed the playoffs for 2 consecutive years). We may not have many playoff wins, but outright missing the playoffs for 2 consecutive years isn't often for this franchise.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington