Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it cost to trade up to pick # 9?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Thanks for the draft value taking chart. I think it is Jimmy Johnson's work in the 1990's.

So based on the value of that chart, what I suggest pretty much works.

Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounded like you were proposing that we send our 2nd and 4th round picks to Chicago in exchange for their rd 1 #9 pick. Going by the chart, the rd 1 #9 pick would be worth 1350 pts ... our 2nd and 4th round picks would only be worth 446 pts combined ... I mean, that would be a great deal for us, but I don't think even the dopiest of GMs would agree to such a deal.

But if you meant we would trade them our 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks for rd 1 pick #9? Then yeah, we'd be pretty close (not quite to 1350, but not far off). Personally, that's more draft capital than I would want to give up for any QB that would likely be available at that point.
    2024 Draft
    1) Troy Fautanu, OT, Washington
    2) Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3a) Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3b) Payton Wilson, LB, North Carolina St.

Mock for rounds 4-7
    4) Cedric Gray, LB, North Carolina
    6a) Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa
    6b) MJ Devonshire, CB, Pitt

Legend

User Info Menu

For Nix or McCartney?

Do you hate this team?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    For Nix or McCartney?

Do you hate this team?
    lol seems that way from his posts. Could both these QB’s be failures? Yep.
    Still a great gamble cap and capital wise.
    How far really will Atlanta go with there 180mill QB. Come on.
    At least the Steelers are tying to build a team for now and not destroy the future. I have no problem moving up and giving up picks like the Bush trade for a QB when the player is right.

Wait till the 5th yr option is picked up for NH his brain will explode. Should sign JW soon also I believe.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    At least the Steelers are tying to build a team for now and not destroy the future. I have no problem moving up and giving up picks like the Bush trade for a QB when the player is right.

Wait till the 5th yr option is picked up for NH his brain will explode. Should sign JW soon also I believe.
    No idea how far Cousins can take Atlanta. There are all types of risk with both scenarios. With Cousins.. it's just money.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post

There is a good chance that both can play. They could bust too, like any QB drafted can.

It is a gamble we must take. We already have been building a team with no playoff wins for 7 years. It will be 8 years at the earliest....

We won't have a future beyond that until we find a QB that is better than average, young or in his prime his, and for now is cheap. What is our QB plan for 2025?

Also we won't be in position to draft a 10 ten pick in years. We are not that bad. I thought this move with the Bears pick at #9 because with this thinking in mind. Minnesota and Denver pick #10 and #11. They need a QB badly.

Drafting either player Nix or McCarthy will give the fans local hope. I think the Steelers need to.

The business of football is winning in the playoffs first, the conference championship second , and eventually the super bowl. And to do that we NEED a Franchise Quarterback.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 03-26-2024 at 06:32 AM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    For Nix or McCartney?

Do you hate this team?
    I hate not winning a playoff game in seven years in a row, don't you?

By the way I agree with your signature.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Legend

User Info Menu

With the signing of Allen the Steelers will likely now take a flier on a late round pick or UDFA to add a camp arm. QB room is set.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hate not winning a playoff game in seven years in a row, don't you?

By the way I agree with your signature.
    it would be weird to disagree with my
    sig since you wrote it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There is a good chance that both can play. They could bust too, like any QB drafted can.

It is a gamble we must take. We already have been building a team with no playoff wins for 7 years. It will be 8 years at the earliest....

We won't have a future beyond that until we find a QB that is better than average, young or in his prime his, and for now is cheap. What is our QB plan for 2025?

Also we won't be in position to draft a 10 ten pick in years. We are not that bad. I thought this move with the Bears pick at #9 because with this thinking in mind. Minnesota and Denver pick #10 and #11. They need a QB badly.

Drafting either player Nix or McCarthy will give the fans local hope. I think the Steelers need to.

The business of football is winning in the playoffs first, the conference championship second , and eventually the super bowl. And to do that we NEED a Franchise Quarterback.
    Minn has 11 and Denver has 12. IDK about giving hope but since you wouldn't make that trade till draft day it's just a smh. Besides saying we wouldn't pick in top ten for years while true doesn't mean we couldn't trade up into the top 10 any given year. Not sure what the thinking was there. The trade up situation more likely with Khan now in place and could happen anytime.

Legend

User Info Menu

No problem with moving up if we have faith in a QB but I don’t see it with Nix or McCarthy.

I still like Penix in round 2 or even moving up a few spots if we think he is the future and he is available at #14 or early in the second round.

But drafting Nix or McCarthy at # 9 and giving up all that draft capital to get them?

No thanks!