Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers An "Entertaining Mess"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Typical of an owner that thinks he can buy a championship. Snyder in Washington was another one of those with some of the FA signings they did.

Funniest part of all of it is Browns letting Mayfield go and he promptly takes TB to a playoff game. And now he's playing for half of what Watson is costing the Browns....
    Have a good friend who is a Browns fan. He really liked Baker, and in his last season there kept talking about how tough and a team guy he was, because he limped out there with his arm barely hanging off his shoulder and played every game like a warrior. He was so ashamed when they tossed him aside for Watson, on top of all of the draft capital and guaranteed money. This was all in real time and without hindsight. I think a lot of Browns fans had to do some deep thinking on that one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Have a good friend who is a Browns fan. He really liked Baker, and in his last season there kept talking about how tough and a team guy he was, because he limped out there with his arm barely hanging off his shoulder and played every game like a warrior. He was so ashamed when they tossed him aside for Watson, on top of all of the draft capital and guaranteed money. This was all in real time and without hindsight. I think a lot of Browns fans had to do some deep thinking on that one.
    I will admit I poked at Mayfield when he was the Browns' QB. But it wasn't for his play. It was because he didn't come off very well in pressers and off field interviews. Saw him in a post game with TB last year and gotta say he has greatly matured in how he handles himself. Good for him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Crazy thing about the Browns is if they hadn't traded all those picks for Watson they'd be sitting in a really good position to make a championship push possibly, the team has a great defense right now arguably. But like with the Steelers some real coaching issues/questions, they pushed Baker out (partly due to bad scheme/coaching) and now he's doing really well on another team.

Very ironic someone from Cleveland would be laughing at the Steelers QB situation given their long history of futility there. Getting Watson may be the worst trade in NFL history and barely anyone in the media even talks about it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I will admit I poked at Mayfield when he was the Browns' QB. But it wasn't for his play. It was because he didn't come off very well in pressers and off field interviews. Saw him in a post game with TB last year and gotta say he has greatly matured in how he handles himself. Good for him.
    Cleveland Brown, little guy (for a QB), first round pick...He thought he was Johnny Manziel.