Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to shift our aim?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Boyd was asking for $8-9 million/year and had reportedly narrowed his preferred choices down to us, KC and the Jets.

the Chiefs have since signed Hollywood Brown and the NYJ just signed Mike Williams, so Boyd definitely is losing some leverage.

I think it's wise for the Khan Master to wait him out.
    NFL contracts are not structured based on per year basis. This shows you are clueless about the dynamics/stucture of NFL contracts.

I will never claim to be an NFL guru on contracts. I know that NFL contracts are generally not paid on a per year basis.

NFL contract go something like this: I will guarantee a player X amount of dollars at signing. There can be other incentives, bonuses, ect, attached to an NFL contract.

Dude, Mahommes was guaranteed 141 mill. Watson was guaranteed 250 mill. You can do the math.

The Steelers and Kahn will move on to the next plan. What would you do? You would probably continue to wait for Boyd to "cave" to Kahn.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 03-23-2024 at 08:53 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    NFL contracts are not structured per year.
    that's the average per year he's asking for.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Boyd was asking for $8-9 million/year and had reportedly narrowed his preferred choices down to us, KC and the Jets.

the Chiefs have since signed Hollywood Brown and the NYJ just signed Mike Williams, so Boyd definitely is losing some leverage.

I think it's wise for the Khan Master to wait him out.
    NFL contracts are not structured based on per year basis. This shows you are clueless about the dynamics/stucture of NFL contracts.

I will never claim to be an NFL guru on contracts. I know that NFL contracts are not handed out on a per year basis.
    BURGH, I don't see what your answer has to do with the main point of Hawaiian's post. He's saying that Boyd is losing some leverage as teams who were interested in his services are turning to other players to fill that need. I agree. And I am glad our GM didn't rush things and overspend to try to get Boyd. Let's see how things play out. If we can't sign him, there are other options available.

Legend

User Info Menu

that's the average per year he's asking for.
    He is not asking for average per year. This is not how NFL contracts are paid or negotiated.

Legend

User Info Menu

I will never claim to be an NFL guru on contracts. I know that NFL contracts are generally not paid on a per year basis.

NFL contract go something like this: I will guarantee a player X amount of dollars at signing. There can be other incentives, bonuses, ect, attached to an NFL contract.

Dude, Mahommes was guaranteed 141 mill. Watson was guaranteed 250 mill. You can do the math.

The Steelers and Kahn will move on to the next plan. What would you do? You would probably continue to wait for Boyd to "cave" to Kahn.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    BURGH, I don't see what your answer has to do with the main point of Hawaiian's post. He's saying that Boyd is losing some leverage as teams who were interested in his services are turning to other players to fill that need. I agree. And I am glad our GM didn't rush things and overspend to try to get Boyd. Let's see how things play out. If we can't sign him, there are other options available.
    You guys seem to believe Boyd loss some leverage. Boyd earned 40+ mill already. Boyd is waiting for the best option for himself. I believe it's that simple for a player of Boyd's caliber and financial status. I think that Boyd is measuring and waiting. Maybe I am wrong?

The Steelers would had been better off keeping DJ than to over pay for Boyd. The Steelers took a calculated risk. Similar to the risk they took trading for Fields. I don't believe the Steelers will pay Fields 25 mill for his 5th year option unless......

Legend

User Info Menu

I apologize for not getting your point. Please forgive me. You said Boyd was asking for 8/9 mill per year. NFL contracts are not negotiated on a dollar amount per year. What don't you understand? I will let you research the facts for yourself.

https://www.spotrac.com/
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 03-23-2024 at 09:48 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not one player in the NFL is getting paid X amount of dollars per year. I believe this forum had a similar discussion in the past. Highly paid players are not paid X amount of dollars per year. Some year by year players are paid.... Practice squad players are paid based on......

IMO Jaylen Warren out performed his contract. Warren was only guaranteed 24 grand. Warren earned his 1.6 mill in 2 seasons. He probably out performed 1.6 mill. As such, the Steelers own Warren for 2024. Warren's dead capp hit is 4 grand.

What is Warren's future value from a contractual stand point?

Legend

User Info Menu

So, just what would Tyler Boyd command if he came to Pittsburgh? Brad Spielberger of Pro Football Focus is generally dead-on with many of his contract projections, and he has Boyd landing a two-year, $16.5 million contract, or an average of $8.25 million per year.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...17181_40126787

"And I just don't think they wanna pay eight million, nine million a year for a guy who's gonna be a number three."

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/fi...y-about-money/

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Not one player in the NFL is getting paid X amount of dollars per year. I believe this forum had a similar discussion in the past. Highly paid players are not paid X amount of dollars per year. Some year by year players are paid.... Practice squad players are paid based on......

IMO Jaylen Warren out performed his contract. Warren was only guaranteed 24 grand. Warren earned his 1.6 mill in 2 seasons. He probably out performed 1.6 mill. As such, the Steelers own Warren for 2024. Warren's dead capp hit is 4 grand.

What is Warren's future value from a contractual stand point?
    You are overthinking this and looking for an argument.

its a ballpark figure, players know how contracts are structured.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"