Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: The man who we are REALLY overlooking as the BIGGEST CONTRIBUTOR to this offseason?

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    AB needs to be higher. I know we never won a SB with him but that dude was nuts at the height of his career with us. Just insane chemistry and production.
    I'd also put Ben in Tier 1 and move Woodson down.

But these exercises aren't really possible to get "right" IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    THAT is too awesome. Those who didn’t you gotta click the link.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    OMG, that reminds me about a post I saw on Twitter this morning -- which i can't find again, but i did screen shot so i will just type. It sort of built this Pyramid with Steelers greats

This is almost worth a thread of it's own just to see how people place them (or who they move/add/remove)

Tier1 (4 players, like a Rushmore) - Lambert, Mean Joe, Troy, Rod Woodson
    Tier 2 (5 players) - Ham, Ben, Webster,Blount, Bradshaw
    Tier 3 (6 players) - TJ, Franco, LC, Hines, Deebo, Shell
    Tier4 (8 players) - Stallworth, Bettis, Cam, Swann, Stauntner, AB, Faneca, Dirt Dawson;
    Tier5 (8 players) - Decastro, Heath, Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Casey, Pouncey, Carnell, Jack Butler;
    Tier6 (10 players) - Peezy, DaBeard, DwightWhite, Kirkland, LevBell, Andy Russell, Rocky, Mike Wagner, Aaron Smith, David Little
    Got to put Farrior on before Little and maybe Kirkland
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Whoa.. slow down playa.

I like Tomlin but unless this D gets figured out in the playoffs all this is for naught.

The reason all this is happening is
    because Tomlin failed with Kenny and a large part of it is keeping Canada another year to run a crappy offense.

I?ll give Khan the credit for making moves but I?m holding off on giving Tomlin credit because regardless of how bad the O was.. that D was stanking during that 3 game losing streak.
    Play better is the answer for the post season.

KP was on board with keeping Canada. KP requested to be traded. KP failed the organization. The Steelers are on the hook for millions. It's as simple as that.

The Steelers finished 10-7 with the 3 different QB's that played last season. 2 of the 3 highest paid Steelers defensive players missed several games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post

KP was on board with keeping Canada. KP requested to be traded. KP failed the organization. The Steelers are on the hook for millions. It's as simple as that.

The Steelers finished 10-7 with the 3 different QB's that played last season. 2 of the 3 highest paid Steelers defensive players missed several games.
    You think a second year QB can demand a new OC in Pittsburgh?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post

Yes, every team is virtually identical in talent and coaching and scheming, it's just a matter of who plays better on a given Sunday.

Brought to you by Dr. Suess Football Almanac.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not only can he NOT demand it, he would be a fool - and slammed everywhere - if he threw his OC under the bus. You just don't do that. Even a 10 year vet is unlikely to trash his own OC in public. NO one here knows what Kenny truly thought of Canada. Any public support for Canada was just a rookie QB taking the high road in public for a man he probably has respect for as a person. To say that "Kenny was on board with keeping Canada" as evidence of him being a failure is just weak.

The Steelers failed Kenny a LOT more than he failed them. He may never be more than a career backup. But to put him out there with a trash coordinator, a trash o-line and 1 wr who could catch consistently and run the right direction, was an epic failing. Though, I'm sure Tomlin's original plan was to play Mitch for 2 seasons before Kenny got his shot. But Mitch couldn't hold up his end of the deal.

It's no shocker now that the Steelers have addressed ALL of those issues. But if you're Kenny, you've got to be thinking, "It sure would have been nice to have THAT supporting cast when I was there.".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Feltdizz View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Not only can he NOT demand it, he would be a fool - and slammed everywhere - if he threw his OC under the bus. You just don't do that. Even a 10 year vet is unlikely to trash his own OC in public. NO one here knows what Kenny truly thought of Canada. Any public support for Canada was just a rookie QB taking the high road in public for a man he probably has respect for as a person. To say that "Kenny was on board with keeping Canada" as evidence of him being a failure is just weak.

The Steelers failed Kenny a LOT more than he failed them. He may never be more than a career backup. But to put him out there with a trash coordinator, a trash o-line and 1 wr who could catch consistently and run the right direction, was an epic failing. Though, I'm sure Tomlin's original plan was to play Mitch for 2 seasons before Kenny got his shot. But Mitch couldn't hold up his end of the deal.

It's no shocker now that the Steelers have addressed ALL of those issues. But if you're Kenny, you've got to be thinking, "It sure would have been nice to have THAT supporting cast when I was there.".
    To both your points.

Heck Ben hated Haley but we mostly found out second hand.

BEN had little negative to actually SAY about Haley and Ben was a VET who had CHAMPIONSHIPS.

I tease about Kenny but to blame him for Canada is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-05-2024 at 05:55 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

And we have no idea what was happening behind closed doors.

Maybe Kenny was calling for him to be gone when the cameras weren't rolling, but wanted to keep dirty laundry away from the public eye.