Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: The man who we are REALLY overlooking as the BIGGEST CONTRIBUTOR to this offseason?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    To both your points.

Heck Ben hated Haley but we mostly found out second hand.

BEN had little negative to actually SAY about Haley and Ben was a VET who had CHAMPIONSHIPS.

I tease about Kenny but to blame him for Canada is ridiculous.
    nah.. Ben loved to say “ask the OC” when plays didn’t work or we didn’t run a QB sneak but LOVED to tell everyone he called plays that were successful late in games.

No one was caught of guard when we found out Ben and Haley didn’t get along.

I truly believe we lost a few games due to their petty feud over QB sneaks. What freaking vet QB can’t or wont call his own number.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Come on dude, YOU ALWAYS COMPLAIN that Tomlin does not keep hostages. Kenny wanted out.

It was Tomlin, you cannot have it both ways.
    We should not have signed Canada ( Tomlin's move ) Or drafted Pickett.

Still the head of the snake remains. Until we no longer have Tomlin as the head coach the dream of a super bowl win, and winning in the playoffs have not happened in seven years.

We need to move on.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nah.. Ben loved to say “ask the OC” when plays didn’t work or we didn’t run a QB sneak but LOVED to tell everyone he called plays that were successful late in games.

No one was caught of guard when we found out Ben and Haley didn’t get along.

I truly believe we lost a few games due to their petty feud over QB sneaks. What freaking vet QB can’t or wont call his own number.
    I was AGREEING WITH YOU Dizz.

No doubt Ben has always been passive aggressive. But not direct.

Kenny is bashed because he did not defy a coordinator as a kid? Heck Ben did not do that DIRECTLY as a veteran. What I am saying is that if Ben did not call Haley out, we shouldn’t expect that of Kenny.

Dont let the knee jerk response obscure the fact that I am making YOUR CASE quite well.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Tomlin is near the end and it may be of his own choosing. Any thoughts as to if Artie Smith would be next "HC"? I guess anything is possible.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I think Tomlin is near the end and it may be of his own choosing. Any thoughts as to if Artie Smith would be next "HC"? I guess anything is possible.
    Took me a while to realize who Artie Smith is but we aren’t hiring our OC to replace Tomlin. It will be another young guy that we aren’t that familiar with.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Took me a while to realize who Artie Smith is but we aren?t hiring our OC to replace Tomlin. It will be another young guy that we aren?t that familiar with.
    Normally I would agree, but if Smith takes this offense to a high level, then I wouldn?t rule it out
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"