Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Eagles fans on Pickett acquisition

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Eagles fans on Pickett acquisition

    From the Endowment Effect files, now that he's their guy, he's all that. One reply even references that he's escaped "crazy town", aka the Steelers.

    https://x.com/TheSwoopScoops/status/...112523975?s=20

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Not surprised fans use highlights to wonder if a player can reach his potential with a mew team.

    We are doing the same thing with Fields and Russ.

    I do want to see if Hurts sits in preseason and they lat Kenny sling it with AJ Brown and the first team for a game.

    I still believe we screwed this up with Canada at OC for 23 of his 25 starts.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    From the Endowment Effect files, now that he's their guy, he's all that. One reply even references that he's escaped "crazy town", aka the Steelers.

    https://x.com/TheSwoopScoops/status/...112523975?s=20
    Yep.

    We are probably doing the same with Wilson, Fields, and Queen.

    There is something exciting about a shiny new toy.

    And to be fair, I think Pickett probably is going to be a pretty good backup. So for PHI to look at it as: We got this guy who's going to be a good backup for the equivalent of a 4th round pick.

    I think that's kind of a lower key version of us saying that we're really excited about Wilson because he can probably be something like an average starting QB when we aren't paying him anything.

    We view Pickett differently because the initial expectations were much higher than "probably a good backup". Denver must view Wilson differently because the acquisition cost and expectations were sky high.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    LOL...sure Eagles fans will be so supportive of Pickett...as long as he is on the bench and never plays. If he plays and makes the same mistakes as in Pittsburgh, they will crucify him and he'll melt under the pressure.

    Philadelphia doesn't have the built in Pitt alumni base that Pittsburgh does, so he won't get the benefit of the doubt or fans making excuses for his subpar performances.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not surprised fans use highlights to wonder if a player can reach his potential with a mew team.

    We are doing the same thing with Fields and Russ.

    I do want to see if Hurts sits in preseason and they lat Kenny sling it with AJ Brown and the first team for a game.

    I still believe we screwed this up with Canada at OC for 23 of his 25 starts.
    It wasn't all Canada. Pickett was a bad evaluation and bad pick. He was mediocre at best and the team management and his teammates had no faith in him. They saw him close up every day and several actively recruited someone to take his job

    You have legit NFL QBs and you have good college QBs playing in the NFL...Pickett is squarely in the latter category.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Yep.

    We are probably doing the same with Wilson, Fields, and Queen.

    There is something exciting about a shiny new toy.

    And to be fair, I think Pickett probably is going to be a pretty good backup. So for PHI to look at it as: We got this guy who's going to be a good backup for the equivalent of a 4th round pick.

    I think that's kind of a lower key version of us saying that we're really excited about Wilson because he can probably be something like an average starting QB when we aren't paying him anything.

    We view Pickett differently because the initial expectations were much higher than "probably a good backup". Denver must view Wilson differently because the acquisition cost and expectations were sky high.
    Exactly, we are all hoping a new team willmake these players better..

    them you have fans of the old team like Ovi who swear it will never happen because the last thing we want to see is a player pan out elsewhere.

    I know a Seattle fan who has enjoyed seeing Russ fail in Denver and told everyone it would happen. I hope he is dead wrong and I get to rub it in his face when his career is resurrected in Pittsburgh
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It wasn't all Canada. Pickett was a bad evaluation and bad pick. He was mediocre at best and the team management and his teammates had no faith in him. They saw him close up every day and several actively recruited someone to take his job

    You have legit NFL QBs and you have good college QBs playing in the NFL...Pickett is squarely in the latter category.
    I never said it was all Canada.

    But I guarantee you will never see Canada in the NFL again unless he buys a ticket. He might struggle to get a gig in college.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-18-2024 at 11:55 AM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Scheme and system are very important, but at some point you have to rise above it and make plays. Fields has been in a terrible one without a great supporting cast, but still looks the part at some point in most games, he's just really inconsistent.

    This is franchise QB stuff here:

    https://twitter.com/PFF_Steelers/sta...28494424969370

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It wasn't all Canada. Pickett was a bad evaluation and bad pick. He was mediocre at best and the team management and his teammates had no faith in him. They saw him close up every day and several actively recruited someone to take his job

    You have legit NFL QBs and you have good college QBs playing in the NFL...Pickett is squarely in the latter category.
    I think you can have a reasonable pick that doesn't work out.

    Given the circumstances we were in when we made the pick, I think it was reasonable to take KP. I just don't think anyone is good at scouting QBs.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    All this discussion about KP for me is sort of irrelevant at this point.

    We are going to find out...and no I don't mean he will supplant Hurts. But Nick Sirrianni, unlike Canada, is the real deal. He has the bona fides of working as an NFL QB coach, OC and has been successful at it.

    So wherever you sit KP sucks, never got a shot, or is gonna be a solid backup we will find out soon enough. He will see some playing time I am almost certain.

    For me, and this isn't my bias speaking (UPITT Alum), he didn't get a fair shot, but I got news for you, neither did Mason Rudolph. Pretty hard to build a QB when you have a HOF around. The focus was never about grooming Rudolph, it was about getting another shot before Big Ben rode off into the sunset.

    The Steelers prior to this year (fingers crossed), have been historically bad at investing in coaching depth/quality. I wish KP would've succeeded here, but I think he has a better chance if he is to succeed to do it elsewhere.

    Odds are right now he is likely to be a journeyman backup, but at this point I just don't know.

    Brothervad

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •