The End of the 2021 Season the Steelers had:

Ben Roethlisberger
    Mason Rudolph
    Dwayne Haskins

Ben retires - and on March 14th - The Steelers sign Mitch Trubitsky

Mitch Trubitsky
    Mason Rudolph
    Dwayne Haskins

*** It is my opinion the Steelers got "Jammed" up when Dwayne Haskins died 19 Days before the 2022 NFL Draft.....because I believe the Three QB's above were always intended to compete in 2022.

Just for reference Haskins had 1 less passing TD in two seasons than Pickett did -- however Pickett started 11 more games.

Before you crucify the leadership for drafting Pickett - consider that most people in Pittsburgh were ecstatic when they started Kenny....and many fans still believe he's going to be a proven starter in this league.

I had hoped for much better from Kenny (Obviously) -- but I for one applaud any organization that makes moves when things aren't working.

Definitely stunned by most of this Free Agency!

L.B.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here's who I hope the Steelers will look to bring in at QB.

Joshua Dobbs (29)
    Tyler Huntley (26)
    Tyrod Taylor (34)

3rd String:

Logan Woodside (29) -- Knows the System
    Feleipe Franks (26) -- Knows the System

**If you can't tell I DO NOT want Ryan Tannehill.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post

Joshua Dobbs (29)
    Tyler Huntley (26)
    Tyrod Taylor (34)
    Oh god, if that's the case, please stay healthy, Russ.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who knows.

I think drafting Kenny was a good bet.

He was thought to be the best QB in the class. And even though it was a weak class, it was worth the gamble IMO.

And I think it was also the right move this offseason to prioritize team success over development of Kenny.

Maybe that wouldn't have been the case if he didn't seem to take a step backward last season.

It's too bad he got hurt.

Would have been good to see him play away from Canada for more than 6 quarters.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Who knows.

I think drafting Kenny was a good bet.

He was thought to be the best QB in the class. And even though it was a weak class, it was worth the gamble IMO.

And I think it was also the right move this offseason to prioritize team success over development of Kenny.

Maybe that wouldn't have been the case if he didn't seem to take a step backward last season.

It's too bad he got hurt.

Would have been good to see him play away from Canada for more than 6 quarters.
    Yeah, it was a fine bet. Didn’t work. We moved on.

I actually think the Steelers were done with him last year when they went with Mason. And they were classy about it and never said anything publicly.

I am pretty sure they guaranteed the job to Russ and Russ seemed to know with the way he answered questions at his PC.

He the dirt slip on Pickett when he talked about the D getting turn overs and attacking the end zone when asked about throwing for 100 yards and 3 TDs against KC.

Russ is great at throwing TDs. The writing is on the wall. Ramon has been talking about KP needing to get out of Pittsburgh. The writing has been on the wall and Omar doesn’t play. He’s in sync with Tomlin who I suspect it the quiet assassin that was over constrained by Colbert.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post

Joshua Dobbs (29)
    Tyler Huntley (26)
    Tyrod Taylor (34)

3rd String:

Logan Woodside (29) -- Knows the System
    Feleipe Franks (26) -- Knows the System

**If you can't tell I DO NOT want Ryan Tannehill.
    Tyrod baby.
    Then draft a rookie.

His unique MENTORSHIP has repeatedly lead to the creation of FRANCHISE QBs.

Proven history dont lie.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Tyrod baby.
    Then draft a rookie.

His unique MENTORSHIP has repeatedly lead to the creation of FRANCHISE QBs.

Proven history dont lie.
    Agreed, No. 1 picks follow him.

This thread does remind me how I was looking forward to seeing Haskins develop.

Just sad.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Need upside if Russ gets hurt, you guys are too married to 9-win seasons with talk of Tyrod or Dobbs. Fields and a rookie.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Need upside if Russ gets hurt, you guys are too married to 9-win seasons with talk of Tyrod or Dobbs. Fields and a rookie.
    You do know my comment about Tyrod was a joke right?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I really wanted KP to work out as that would be what’s best for the Steelers. But how can you have the team leader be a guy who was healthy and scratched himself from a game because of bruised ego. That’s not the heart of a champion. He can go have his b!tch fits in Philly.