Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omar speaks at the Combine

Legend

User Info Menu

Omar speaks at the Combine

Said a lot, many articles up on Steelers Depot, here's one discussing the worst kept secret -- we're STILL in need of inside linebackers. In three years people will still be blaming the lack of playoff success on Shazier's injury.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/in...-steelers-say/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers had to like some of the combine performances they saw yesterday regarding ILB. I'm not thinking round 1 but 2nd or 3rd round there is a good chance we fill that need. There may be a safety or two who will also make a position change at the next level , Williams for example, who could fit the bill as a off ball backer for us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yup thats why the first pick will be Edgerrin Cooper.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yup thats why the first pick will be Edgerrin Cooper.
    Would be disappointed with that. The Steelers can't keep thinking that 17 pts/gm on offense is good enough to win anything but games against the lower tier teams. Fix the offense this year, focus on defense next.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Would be disappointed with that. The Steelers can't keep thinking that 17 pts/gm on offense is good enough to win anything but games against the lower tier teams. Fix the offense this year, focus on defense next.
    Fix both. Tired if the back and forth. I don’t care if its OL or D in the first, just make sure next pick addresses the other side if the ball.

I hope we go back to BPA over need too.. within reason of course. “BPA at areas of need” is my wish.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Mock drafts are pointless before free agency. We sign Pat Queen, Cooper is not an option.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Mock drafts are pointless before free agency. We sign Pat Queen, Cooper is not an option.
    Queen would be cost prohibitive and he and Tomlin have bad blood.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL -Ruke Orhorhoro, DL, Clemson
    3.) WR - Nathaniel Dell, WR - Houston
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6A.) CB - Shon Stephensl - D - Ferris State
    6B..) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I'd be fine if they went offense again this year.

But I don't think anything is really going to change without a QB.

There had been a lot of investment of high draft capital on offense. Eventually that has to swing back to the D.

Maybe it's not this year, but sometime soon.

Re: O. I like that it sounds like it's a deep class for OT and for OC. We could use both.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    But the discussion is fun. I agree if we sign Queen but that’s a big if. IF the Steelers don’t address the ILB position with more than a band-aid vet and IF Cooper is sitting there, I dont think the Steelers can pass. As for the disappointment in not going offense with the first round I would ask what position? Only position that cures the Steelers O woes is QB. No one believes we are going with a first round QB.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Also Queen doesnt like Tomlin and is projected to get 18 million a year. Does anyone really believe this is going to happen?
    Trolls are people too.