View Poll Results: Who do you back @ QB now?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Put in the camp that Mason should start the season after the draft ends.

4 33.33%
  • Put me in the camp that Kenny should start after the draft ends.

5 41.67%
  • Neither player is the solution. Draft a Qb in 2024 in rd 1 or 2

1 8.33%
  • Sign or trade for another veteran QB in free agency.

2 16.67%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is backing who.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who is backing who.

Is there a board division between Mason and Kenny?

Who is in the camp that Mason should start the season barring injury and after the draft ends?

Who is in the camp should Kenny start the season barring injury after the draft ends?

Because Mason is a free agent the Steelers need to make up their minds before camp starts as to which horse to back.

Or we can draft a QB. Our obtain another QB via trade or free agency.

Take the poll.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 02-26-2024 at 07:18 PM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't want Mason OR Rudolph back.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I can’t relate to some of the Steelers fans who have completely given up on Kenny after just 2 seasons. I know that we now live in the age of instant gratification where even Terry Bradshaw would be considered a bust after his first 2 seasons but come on, it’s just way too soon to look into moving on from KP.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

35 views and 5 votes.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    35 views and 5 votes.
    This could get interesting. Apparently there is a divide among the fans and the Steelers
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I can’t relate to some of the Steelers fans who have completely given up on Kenny after just 2 seasons. I know that we now live in the age of instant gratification where even Terry Bradshaw would be considered a bust after his first 2 seasons but come on, it’s just way too soon to look into moving on from KP.
    Kenny has had 24 starts! Show me one QB that turned out to be good who played as bad in his first 24 starts There must be one exception. I can think of none.

This is 2024 not 1973!

Legend

User Info Menu

Mark me down for "none of the above"

I wouldn't anoint anyone as starting QB right after the draft ... have Kenny, Mason, and a rookie (3rd round or later) battle it out this summer ... handle the competition fairly, best man wins

Legend

User Info Menu

The poll says that the decision should be made right after the draft.

But that's not when the decision should be made.

As of right now, I'd pick Kenny to start because he's the only QB on the roster.

Once we get to camp, I think there should be a real competition.

And if Mason's on the roster, I think he should have the (small) edge because he's the guy who won the job at the end of last season.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 02-26-2024 at 10:46 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    The poll says that the decision should be made right after the draft.

But that's not when the decision should be made.

As of right now, I'd pick Kenny to start because he's the only QB on the roster.

Once we get to camp, I think there should be a real competition.

And if Mason's on the roster, I think he should have the (small) edge because he's the guy who won the job at the end of last season.
    If we sign Mason, then he should start. If we get out bid or his services... When camp starts this topic changes! That why I said after the draft. To be more precise I should have said after june! At this point in time the draft is over and the free agents are mostly taken. The Steelers don't have long to make up their mind.

So you are in Mason's corner?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Kenny has had 24 starts! Show me one QB that turned out to be good who played as bad in his first 24 starts There must be one exception. I can think of none.

This is 2024 not 1973!
    I chose the Kenny option mostly because I don't think they gave him a fair shot. And there's no miracle alternative. They paired him with the worst coordinator in the NFL + a Tomlin mandate to play safe + an OL that was poor at the start and only recently started finding its way. The Steelers are not going to give up on their #1 draft pick after all that.

But 2024 is the make or break year for Kenny. And I hope the Steelers give him every opportunity to shine, not hide.