Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers released C Mason Cole

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers released C Mason Cole

saves $4.75M

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news...man-mason-cole

Center is now a serious priority.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Didn?t see this coming, thought they?d keep him for depth. JPJ, Frazier, or Van Pran probably gets drafted high by the Steelers.

I prefer JPJ unless there is a FA they are targeting.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Didn?t see this coming, thought they?d keep him for depth. JPJ, Frazier, or Van Pran probably gets drafted high by the Steelers.

I prefer JPJ unless there is a FA they are targeting.
    Terrible at snaps and always pushed back in the pocket.

He ruined a lot of series with those bad snaps on critical downs too.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Not surprising. Still have Herbig on the roster as well as Spencer Anderson who plays all 5 line positions. I figured one of him or Herbig is gone because they are both backup caliber players at all 3 IOL positions. C is a priority, just need to see what round.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Not surprising. Still have Herbig on the roster as well as Spencer Anderson who plays all 5 line positions. I figured one of him or Herbig is gone because they are both backup caliber players at all 3 IOL positions. C is a priority, just need to see what round.
    If JPJ is there at 20 I grab him. Other than that Frazier or Van Pran in round 2.

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Didn?t see this coming, thought they?d keep him for depth.
    me too

hope they don't go for some kind of low-grade, band-aid solution, but get serious about picking up a bona-fide stud for the position

Legend

User Info Menu

Awesome, replace him and Moore and the line can be legit next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

They just re-signed Cook and still have Anderson as well. Moore may find himself as a backup. They could also draft a RT.

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm surprised at this.

Figured that he wouldn't start, but that he'd be the backup interior guy because he has experience playing C and G.

C is a huge need now.

Wonder if the plan is to sign a bigger name C in UFA now. I don't imagine we'll go into the draft with no starting C.

Legend

User Info Menu

With Weidl and Khan I have a feeling we will aggressively address the C position.