Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dulac: Moore and Jones are the starting tackles in 2024

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Fast Willie is the most valuable player in Steeler history. 7-0 with 2 rings in playoff starts.

Before you dismiss this playoff monster the Steelers DO have 2 playoff losses during his career.

2004 versus the Pats and 2007 versus Jax.

Willie did not play a snap in those games.
    Woodley has got to be on that list too. Didn't he average something insane like 2 sacks per playoff game?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Yeah, Moore is a good guy, my disdain for his play is nothing personal.
    I get it. Although I think I value him higher than you do. But the writing is on the wall and we want the high pedigree guys to excel.

I just wonder if I'd rather have him as a backup or a mid round pick. It's probably would want more than we got for Dotson. Might depend on what we think of our backup T situation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Woodley has got to be on that list too. Didn't he average something insane like 2 sacks per playoff game?
    Woodley is BY FAR the most prolific PLAYOFF sack artist in NFL history.

Only 5 players have more career playoff sacks than Woodley.
    All 5 played in more than double the playoff games.

All of Woodleys playoff sacks came during his first 4 seasons. That is how long Highsmith had been in the league.

He was drafted in 2007
    By the end of his second season he had more playoff sacks than Lawrence Taylor?s 15 playoff game career.

Reggie White had ONE more career playoff sack than Woodley. Woodley played 8 career playoff games to Whites 19.

Ah fan favorite Kevin Greene? Woodley had more sacks in 8 games than Greenes 17.

Our own Deebo has the same amount of playoff sacks as Woodley. But played in 22 playoff games to Woodeys 8.

SINCE THE STAT HAS BEEN KEPT WOODLEY IS THE ONLY PLAYER IN THE TOP 20 WITH MORE SACKS THAN PLAYOFF GAMES PLAYED.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-14-2024 at 04:50 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I'd personally be open to trying to flip Moore for a mid round pick too. But by all accounts he's an excellent team mate and has been working hard mentoring these guys even though they've clearly been brought in to take his job.
    It's strange because his stance on only being a LT is at odds with everything we hear about him as a teammate. He's someone who I expect to hear a comment like "I'm here to contribute any way I can, be it at LT, RT or anywhere else they want me to play."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    It's strange because his stance on only being a LT is at odds with everything we hear about him as a teammate. He's someone who I expect to hear a comment like "I'm here to contribute any way I can, be it at LT, RT or anywhere else they want me to play."
    I respect the honesty if he cant play RT.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Best case, trade Moore in division. That's two games where Highsmith eats.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Best case, trade Moore in division. That's two games where Highsmith eats.
    YET ANOTHER variable pff ignores in comparing Watt and Garrett.
    All those easy pass rush wins Garrett enjoys playing Moore TWICE EVERY YEAR.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-14-2024 at 05:06 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    YET ANOTHER variable pff ignores in comparing Watt and Garrett.
    All those easy pass rush wins Garrett enjoys playing Moore TWICE EVERY YEAR.
    Got to rack up those pass rush wins without any production!