Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Dulac: Moore and Jones are the starting tackles in 2024

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Dulac: Moore and Jones are the starting tackles in 2024

    Just his opinion, and he's often wrong, hopefully he has no inside info. Dan Moore is the worst LT in the league.

    https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/du...oderick-jones/

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I'd like to keep Moore on, but not as a starter. LT is one of the positions this team can instantly upgrade this offseason. If they're truly committed to improving the offense, they will.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'd like to keep Moore on, but not as a starter. LT is one of the positions this team can instantly upgrade this offseason. If they're truly committed to improving the offense, they will.
    I'm in this boat too.

    And while I don't think he's good, I also don't think he's the worst OT in the league...so I don't think it's terrible if he starts again next season (although I would want him to move to RT, which maybe he can't do?).

    I think the potential problem with this strategy is that he'll get a proven performance indicator bonus for this season because his playing time is very high.

    I think the reason we didn't keep Dotson for the last year of his contract is because he was in the same situation and the team didn't want to pay a backup that much.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world but I would like to see us upgrade the OT position and put Jones on the left side.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I say flip them, and move Moore to right tackle and start Jones of the left side. At right tackle Moore's play will be less of an issue. And please draft a Tackle in rounds 3 or 4. That rookie player might end up better than Moore.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

    Our 2024 draft is grade A.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world but I would like to see us upgrade the OT position and put Jones on the left side.
    It will be interesting to see what the Steelers would do if a player like Latham or Mims is available in the first.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Moore is graded by multiple analytics sites at being very poor at his job, and he supposedly can't play on the right side. If they settle for him again I really have to question if they know what they're doing.

    Guessing Weidl will do the right thing, he understands the importance of building both lines.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Moore is graded by multiple analytics sites at being very poor at his job, and he supposedly can't play on the right side. If they settle for him again I really have to question if they know what they're doing.

    Guessing Weidl will do the right thing, he understands the importance of building both lines.
    Yeah I have also heard Moore n the right side do not match up well.
    Move Jones to LT n he starts there with a little luck for the next dozen years and plays at a high level. Moore can back up and perhaps back up at LG as well. We should be able to find a RT in this draft as it's rather deep. Goncalves in the 4th perhaps if we don't get one early. Cook is a young guy who just got a one year deal and Anderson (who is better inside imho) could play RT for a year I believe in a pinch. There is also f/a if we have to go there.
    I do not believe many of us would be surprised if we went OT in round 1. No matter how we do it an upgrade in the OL at tackle and center is badly needed.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I say flip them, and move Moore to right tackle and start Jones of the left side. At right tackle Moore's play will be less of an issue. And please draft a Tackle in rounds 3 or 4. That rookie player might end up better than Moore.
    OK, let's put a guy that struggled in pass blocking on the QB's blind side.

    https://steelersdepot.com/2024/01/fi...loss-to-bills/

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Just his opinion, and he's often wrong, hopefully he has no inside info. Dan Moore is the worst LT in the league.

    https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/du...oderick-jones/
    LOL- says who? Let me guess. PFF. Please.

    I also believe the OL will stay as-is except at Center.

    Let’s see who’s right. I am the one who predicted Jones would play RT, and guess what????
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •