Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 221

Thread: Report: "Internal division" over whether Pickett or Rudolph should start

  1. #121
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Almost forgot this. I said this:



    Interesting reply:


    Yes they do play a part in win loss. But the staff that cut Mitch (Head coach, OC, QB coach drafted and coached Fields bro.

    Receivers, tight ends, backs same.

    Hard to have a better parallel circumstance than that.

    Not only did they come off the second of two playoff seasons under Mitch, in two of those seasons more than a Fields team HAS EVER scored.
    Let's have a lesson in sample size, shall we? In the last three seasons, Bears wins without Justin Fields came against the following teams:

    The 0-10-1 Lions
    The 5-10 Seahawks
    The 6-10 Giants
    The 3-4 Raiders
    The 1-8 Panthers

    It's a wonder they didn't stick with Tyson Bagent and Nick Foles.

  2. #122
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Let's have a lesson in sample size, shall we? In the last three seasons, Bears wins without Justin Fields came against the following teams:

    The 0-10-1 Lions
    The 5-10 Seahawks
    The 6-10 Giants
    The 3-4 Raiders
    The 1-8 Panthers

    It's a wonder they didn't stick with Tyson Bagent and Nick Foles.
    But what about the PFF grades? Don't they watch and grade every play?

  3. #123
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    But what about the PFF grades? Don't they watch and grade every play?
    Foles was 66.2 and 60 his two years in Chicago, Bagent 57.3.

  4. #124
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Its amazing how some folks forget someone else was calling plays for 95% of Picketts career.
    That's not the point. Canada was known for PA in college. Why did he shut it down with Pickett as QB?

  5. #125
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    That's not the point. Canada was known for PA in college. Why did he shut it down with Pickett as QB?
    It IS the point. We were told Matt Canada was good at a lot of things but he wasn?t actually that good at any of them by the time he arrived.

    I think Matt Canada was on fire in 2016 at Pitt. He moved to LSU and was fired after 7 games. Only coached one year at MD.

    Dude had no rhythm to his offense half the time.

    I also winder if Canada called more PA with Mitch to prove it was specific to Kenny. No idea on that answer.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 02-26-2024 at 05:27 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  6. #126
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Foles was 66.2 and 60 his two years in Chicago, Bagent 57.3.
    And that has what to do with PFF ratings saying Kenny and Fields are about the same?

    And despite having a SB ring, Foles isn't a good QB.

    And is your argument that Bagent is bad because of the system? There is no evidence that he's an NFL QB. Although he does fumble about half as often as Fields (3 times in 143 pass attempts ~ 2.1% vs 38/958 ~ 4.0%).
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 02-26-2024 at 05:34 PM.

  7. #127
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It IS the point. We were told Matt Canada was good at a lot of things but he wasn?t actually that good at any of them by the time he arrived.

    I think Matt Canada was on fire in 2016 at Pitt. He moved to LSU and was fired after 7 games. Only coached one year at MD.

    Dude had no rhythm to his offense half the time.

    I also winder if Canada called more PA with Mitch to prove it was specific to Kenny. No idea on that answer.
    We were also told that Kenny was accurate and could make good decisions quickly.

    It's possible that both the OC and the QB were below the line at the same time.

  8. #128
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    We were also told that Kenny was accurate and could make good decisions quickly.

    It's possible that both the OC and the QB were below the line at the same time.
    Fake news!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  9. #129
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    We were also told that Kenny was accurate and could make good decisions quickly.

    It's possible that both the OC and the QB were below the line at the same time.
    Could be, Kenny really missed a great chance to prove it was Canada when he went down vs AZ.

    but I have to add that we went over 400 yards the first time without Canada and Kenny completed 72% vs CIN and 70% vs AZ. His highest percentages of the season.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 02-26-2024 at 06:10 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  10. #130
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Could be, Kenny really missed a great chance to prove it was Canada when he went down vs AZ.

    but I have to add that we went over 400 yards the first time without Canada and Kenny completed 72% vs CIN and 70% vs AZ. His highest percentages of the season.
    Against a bad D, right? Or were they only bad a few weeks later when Mason was the QB

    I agree that Kenny missed a great opportunity. But he also had two "normal Kenny" quarters in the next game.

    Small samples in the good game and the average half. Even smaller than the mostly positive small sample from Mason last season. So who knows about any of this...

    As I've said through all of Kenny's time, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 02-27-2024 at 09:03 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •