Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It look like Mason is leaving.

Legend

User Info Menu

It looks like Mason is leaving.

It this happens we have A bust in Kenny Pickett. We may get to OC's old qb , Tannehilll who will be 36 in July 2024.

Our we can draft a QB n round one IF Nix or McCarthy is there... they won't be there for us in round two.

https://triblive.com/sports/report-s...a-fresh-start/
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 02-13-2024 at 11:08 AM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm curious what "he has indicated..." means.

My guess is that he'll want to see what's there in UFA unless we give him a very good deal. And even if he wants to stay, his best bet is to say he is interested in leaving to leverage the fact that he can go to UFA.

We'll know in a month and a half or so I think.

Legend

User Info Menu

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think it matters. Rudolph is a good-to-decent backup QB. Tannehill is better IMO. Neither is likely to be our long-term answer nor a short-term answer for a ring.

Now that we no longer have a JV coordinator and offensive staff, this is the season to decide if Kenny can be THE guy. So, I'd guess we'll go into the season with KP8 + Tannehill as the vet + a new rookie. I'm ok with that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, I don't think it matters. Rudolph is a good-to-decent backup QB. Tannehill is better IMO. Neither is likely to be our long-term answer nor a short-term answer for a ring.

Now that we no longer have a JV coordinator and offensive staff, this is the season to decide if Kenny can be THE guy. So, I'd guess we'll go into the season with KP8 + Tannehill as the vet + a new rookie. I'm ok with that.
    I wonder if there is any interest for Mason this year. He claims there were other places but he still ended up here.

Which IMO makes it a little hard to claim he he been disrespected. So much disrespect yet he came back last year because he had no where else to go.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    As long as we keep that non-losing season streak alive, which is the ceiling with that QB room, the organization is likely OK with it, too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    As long as we keep that non-losing season streak alive, which is the ceiling with that QB room, the organization is likely OK with it, too.
    We wasted 2 seasons with Canada. Now, we have to go into another to find out if KP8 is the answer. They are not going to give up on their first round draft pick just yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I wonder if there is any interest for Mason this year. He claims there were other places but he still ended up here.

Which IMO makes it a little hard to claim he he been disrespected. So much disrespect yet he came back last year because he had no where else to go.
    I wouldn't say he's been treated the best. But not the worst either. He's saying what he needs to say to see if there are opportunities elsewhere. We're saying what we need to say to make sure we have a shot at re-signing him if the price is right. Otherwise, we don't know much more of either side's intentions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

I think he could be deadly in Minnesota with their receivers. Maybe he also gets interest from the Falcons, his buddy is OC there.

I don't know Browning's status in Cinci, but if he leaves could be a good back-up gig to the oft-injured Burrow.

I am still not sure this is verified, seems like click bait to me.
    Last edited by Chucktownsteeler; 02-13-2024 at 11:39 AM.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL -Ruke Orhorhoro, DL, Clemson
    3.) WR - Nathaniel Dell, WR - Houston
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6A.) CB - Shon Stephensl - D - Ferris State
    6B..) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

Northern_Blitz wrote,

I'm curious what "he has indicated..." means.

My guess is that he'll want to see what's there in UFA unless we give him a very good deal. And even if he wants to stay, his best bet is to say he is interested in leaving to leverage the fact that he can go to UFA.

We'll know in a month and a half or so I think.

Rudolph, who will be a free agent next month, has indicated he’s interested in a fresh start after six seasons with the team that drafted him in the third round in 2018,” wrote the three NFL insiders.

Got it now?

https://heavy.com/sports/pittsburgh-...cy-nfl-rumors/
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I think he could be deadly in Minnesota with their receivers. Maybe he also gets interest from the Falcons, his body is OC there.

I don't know Browning's status in Cinci, but if he leaves could be a good back-up gig to the oft-injured Burrow.

I am still not sure this is verified, seems like click bait to me.
    He can be deadly with the Steelers weapons as well, In fact he was for the two games he played in normal weather.

1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton