Thread: Mitch, chuks and Percy?..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mitch, chuks and Pressley?.

Saw the other thread about Mitch but thought all three need mentioned in the title.

I?m not trying to read too much into off season moves and/or overreact - but this has been an interesting 2 weeks. Going outside the organization to hire an OC. That?s rare. Dropping a guy still on a rookie deal and leaving no punter on the roster as of today - wow. Mitch and Chuks were predictable. Between Mitch?s play and Chuks?s cap hit - that was no brainer. But Harvin? Just like that? Don?t get me wrong, it?s absolutely justified, but this is not the typical Steeler way.

In other words - this feels to me like Art Jr had a come to Jesus meeting with Mike and Omar. They are behaving as if the ice underneath them is desperately thin. As it should be quite frankly - though more so for Mike as opposed to Omar in just his second year.

Can?t wait for the draft!
    Last edited by Starlifter; 02-13-2024 at 01:29 PM.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Everything has been a little different since Colbert left. I'm happy to see it. Firing Canada in-season was a surprise, and it needed to happen. That pathetic offense went on for far too long.

Time to stop wasting time!! Admit mistakes, cut bait, move forward.

Legend

User Info Menu

"Mitch, Chuks and Percy?.."

a good start

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Saw the other thread about Mitch but thought all three need mentioned in the title.

I?m not trying to read too much into off season moves and/or overreact - but this has been an interesting 2 weeks. Going outside the organization to hire an OC. That?s rare. Dropping a guy still on a rookie deal and leaving no punter on the roster as of today - wow. Mitch and Chuks were predictable. Between Mitch?s play and Chuks?s cap hit - that was no brainer. But Harvin? Just like that? Don?t get me wrong, it?s absolutely justified, but this is not the typical Steeler way.

In other words - this feels to me like Art Jr had a come to Jesus meeting with Mike and Omar. They are behaving as if the ice underneath them is desperately thin. As it should be quite frankly - though more so for Mike as opposed to Omar in just his second year.

Can?t wait for the draft!
    There's a new Sheriff in town. Good to see them being aggressive
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    "Mitch, Chuks and Percy?.."

a good start
    agreed.

not sure why Allen Robinson wasn't also included, we save $10 million on the cap by releasing him. maybe we're trying to re-work his contract?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    agreed.

not sure why Allen Robinson wasn't also included, we save $10 million on the cap by releasing him. maybe we're trying to re-work his contract?
    Yeah, don't know what they're waiting for, this is an easy one, only $1.9M in dead money, a net $8.1M cap savings.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    agreed.

I always bet against this, but maybe he's interested in cutting his salary easy down to keep his job.

He's got to know that he isn't getting that money anywhere

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Everything has been a little different since Colbert left. I'm happy to see it. Firing Canada in-season was a surprise, and it needed to happen. That pathetic offense went on for far too long.

Time to stop wasting time!! Admit mistakes, cut bait, move forward.
    No more moving at 'a glacial pace'?
    Not sure how many people noticed how active Kahn/Weidl were in the player market last season. Even after FA was done they were still bringing guys in for tryouts on almost a weekly basis. Far more active that I ever remember Colbert was.
    With a 17 game season, teams need to shuffle the deck more than once considering all the injuries that happen along the way.