Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TJ Snubbed Again

Legend

User Info Menu

TJ Snubbed Again

This should be TJ?s 3rd or 4th DMVP, but he loses out to the better player, Myles Garrett.

I think the only stat Myles beat TJ in was drawing more offsides penalties.

Myles couldn?t even knock down Mason when he hit him in the head with his helmet. He?s just not a finisher.

The voters must have stopped watching all his games since Thanksgiving, including the playoffs, where he did literally almost nothing.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree. It seemed preordained that Garrett was going to get this award, come hell or high water. I feel bad for TJ.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

It's silly because their production isn't close in every category.

But when Garrett got more 1st team all pro votes (from the same group of people), we kind of knew this was going to be the result.

These awards are meaningless, but it sucks for TJ IMO. Maybe there's an argument for the first time he was snubbed for Donald. But this one is just silly.

TJ was better at everything meaningful this year. By a significant margin.

Legend

User Info Menu

They said something about MG having the highest win rate over the last 4 games. 35 snaps compared to TJ in second with 26.

and this is exactly why nerd stats need to be be thrown out the freaking window.

They basically make up these stats that no one can verify while ignoring the obvious stats we have always used for edge rushers.

So now sacks, forced fumbles, QB hits, QB pressures, tackles, TD’s all take a back seat to a random nerd stat. Smh

Stop promoting these trash stats folks.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

most of these media awards are stupid anyway, IMO

nobody should care what a bunch of writers think about who is the best player

Legend

User Info Menu

Was there any doubt? I said months ago that the "fix was in" for Garrett to win it.

All the media basically created a false narrative of how great Garrett was and stayed on message no matter what the facts were really saying.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

These awards are pretty dumb. Lamar Jackson won MVP as well, come on. I think Garrett winning is because the NFL and by extension the media are pushing analytics and advanced stats. I think there is a place for them but this is just silly, even by those metrics I don't think Garrett was better than TJ was he?

Legend

User Info Menu

They don’t matter until people use them to justify contracts, determine HOF worthiness, etc.

They don’t matter but they do.

I do think the NFL is trying to push advanced stats with this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Giving Garrett the award over TJ would be like the commissioner on Sunday after the SB handing the Lombardi trophy to the Bills and saying "well, they have been a very good team for quite some time so they deserve to have some recognition for that. As good as Garrett may be, in 2023 TJ Watt was the better NFL defensive player. I would have understood if they had given the award to Daron Bland instead. He does something completely different than TJ, and if the rationale is that his pick six plays are more impactful than sacks then that is subjective and to each their own. However, Garrett and Watt do essentially the same job, and from week 1 to week 18, Watt did it better by any objective metric.

Legend

User Info Menu

Advanced stats are trash. Sure, they have their place but its way down the list of what should be considered for MVP.

I also think they need to declare the MVP before the playoffs start. Makes no sense to announce it so late.

Lastly.. advanced stats are trash.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"