Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Steelers High on WVU Zach Frazier

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think we'd have to trade up in Round 2 to get Frazier
    I wouldn't be against taking an OT like Mims in the first and then trading up in the second for Frazier.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I wouldn't be against taking an OT like Mims in the first and then trading up in the second for Frazier.
    Agreed. OV is right, though, we'd still need to bring in a Vet, even if he's just a backup to Frazier.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

I saw a story earlier today that the team WILL NOT go o-linemen with 2 consecutive selections.

Not sure how much truth there is to it, but it sounds like they're determined to go WR in the 2nd. So, if ya get Mims, don't count on Frazier - instead, expect SVP
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I saw a story earlier today that the team WILL NOT go o-linemen with 2 consecutive selections.

Not sure how much truth there is to it, but it sounds like they're determined to go WR in the 2nd. So, if ya get Mims, don't count on Frazier - instead, expect SVP
    if we go cheap and horrible at C this year I will wonder if we just don’t care about that position anymore.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

If that's the case, I think the assumption would be that we draft C first and WR 2nd.

Legend

User Info Menu

It would be overdrafting if we got him in the 1st....but....he'd still be a good pick at #20.

Sometimes prospect rankings & player actual values are not the same. He's a day 1 starter. And we need a starter.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Nate Wiggins CB
    2. Ricky Pearsall WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    It would be overdrafting if we got him in the 1st....but....he'd still be a good pick at #20.

Sometimes prospect rankings & player actual values are not the same. He's a day 1 starter. And we need a starter.
    Good point Chadman. He won't make it to the 2nd round pick. But maybe a small trade down in Rd1 and then grab him?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pG4UvL][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2pG4UvL]capture2[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Good point Chadman. He won't make it to the 2nd round pick. But maybe a small trade down in Rd1 and then grab him?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pG4UvL][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2pG4UvL]capture2[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr
    I like the idea of trading down.

Probably wouldn't work out like this, but the draft value chart says that we can swap our 1st and 2nd with ARI (late first early 2nd) for basically the same value.

I think that kind of trade would be really good for us (either as one move or stacked trades with different teams).

Seems like our highest positional needs are C (usually not taken super early) and WR (deep class).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    if we go cheap and horrible at C this year I will wonder if we just don’t care about that position anymore.
    We have more needs than one position. We have no #2 WR which could be a disaster...unless we are going to target TEs 120+ times. We have no depth on the DL
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    We have more needs than one position. We have no #2 WR which could be a disaster...unless we are going to target TEs 120+ times. We have no depth on the DL
    So there was an NFL analyst on FSR yesterday making the case that teams are badly undervaluing TEs and slot WRs, and overvaluing outside receivers.
    Said if you look at the last 10 SB winners you'll see either an elite TE or outstanding slot WR. Said teams don't win SBs with elite outside guys.
    Smith loves himself TEs in his offense. Washington was underutilized last season as a receiver. They need to see what he can be this year.