Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers High on WVU Zach Frazier

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers High on WVU Zach Frazier

It's that time of the year again, I guess this is Jooser's Homer draft pick this year. Good write up below....

https://steelersnow.com/pittsburgh-s...rginia-center/
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

He sems to be a leading contender in Round 2
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    It's that time of the year again, I guess this is Jooser's Homer draft pick this year. Good write up below....

https://steelersnow.com/pittsburgh-s...rginia-center/
    I like his play , and skills too. Efforts is undervalued in the play of a center. This man goes hard on virtually every play and he plays with physicality and smarts. Some agility to which is needed for 2nd level blocks. Let see how he works out at the combine / pro days. But right now I like him in round two or three. I like a few players.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Should have found a better picture. Two knee braces doesn't instill confidence for me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Zach has been a solid performer the past couple of years. The knee braces don't bother me. Most of these linemen where them prophylacticly.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Should have found a better picture. Two knee braces doesn't instill confidence for me.
    Every lineman proactively wears braces. Starts in high school. Google offensive line for any college team and they will all be braced up.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is good... because I keep seeing that JPJ will likely be gone before their selection in the second round - was going to revise my mock soon.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Zach has been a solid performer the past couple of years. The knee braces don't bother me. Most of these linemen where them prophylacticly.
    Did not know that. Thanks for the info...

Legend

User Info Menu

I want the Steelers to either draft Frazier or this guy:

2024 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Jackson Powers-Johnson

by Charlie Campbell

Jackson Powers-Johnson, 6-3/334

Center
    Oregon
    Jackson Powers-Johnson Scouting Report

Strengths:

Strong interior blocker
    Packs a punch off the ball
    Power run blocker
    Tough
    Physical
    Reliable pass protector
    Sustains blocks well
    Upper body strength
    Effective as a puller
    Good enough athlete
    Snaps the ball well
    Plug-and-play starter potential
    Could also start at guard
    Upside to improve

Weaknesses:

Athleticism comes unglued in space
    Defenders dodge him in space
    Stiff change of direction in space
    Could stand to improve blocking in space

Prospect Summary:

It took some time with an odd journey, but eventually Powers-Johnson turned himself into an impactful player for Oregon. Powers-Johnson was a backup in 2021 who played on the defensive line in an emergency role to close out that season. He was back to being a backup offense lineman in 2022, but took over as the starting center in 2023 and had a superb season for the Ducks. Powers-Johnson was a reliable center in pass protection for Bo Nix and opened holes in the ground game. After the season, Powers-Johnson had a good week of practice at the Senior Bowl.

In pass protection, Powers-Johnson is a steady interior blocker who gets the job done. He executes double teams well with a guard and uses his powerful upper body to sustain blocks well. Powers-Johnson has a strong anchor where he can sink his weight and stop bull rushes from collapsing the pocket. In tight areas, Powers-Johnson is difficult to get by because he is quick to engage and hold onto blockers. For the next level, Powers-Johnson should be a steady and consistent pass protector.

As a run blocker, Powers-Johnson really excels at the point of attack. He is a strong and heavy center who packs a real punch off the ball. Powers-Johnson has the strength to help generate movement and push defenders backward. Powers-Johnson plays with an aggressive demeanor and is physical. If he is moving with guards alongside him, Powers-Johnson is capable of moving to the side on zone runs.

Team sources have said Powers-Johnson is a decent-enough athlete to be a starter, but his athleticism can come unglued in space when he doesn?t have guards running next to him. Powers-Johnson is a heavy center, so it is not shocking that he has some issues with change of direction. In space, Johnson-Powers can lumber somewhat and defenders are able to dodge him. Improving his ability to hit blocks in space could be the biggest point of improvement for Powers-Johnson entering the NFL.

Teams like Powers-Johnson versatility to start at guard or center at the next level. In the 2024 NFL Draft, Powers-Johnson could be a first- or second-round pick.

Prospect Comparison:

Travis Fredrick. Powers-Johnson is reminiscent of Fredrick coming out of Wisconsin. In college, both were strong, tough, physical and well-rounded blockers. Fredrick was a late first-round pick in 2013, while Powers-Johnson could be a first- or second-round pick in the 2024 NFL Draft. Powers-Johnson could potentially be a similar blocker to what Frederick was during his career with the Cowboys.

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingr...ersjohnson.php
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha