Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship Sunday Games Thread

Legend

User Info Menu

Championship Sunday Games Thread

Rooting for Baltimore and Detroit, Taylor Swift is a menace to society and her reign of evil must end today. I'll root for the NFC in the Super Bowl.

If KC's defense can't contain Lamar, I think this could get ugly for KC.

SF will be too much for the Lions' D, I'm afraid, but hope I'm wrong.

BTW, bet the opposite of who I'm rooting for, it's a fail safe way to untold riches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Patrick Mahomes faces Lamar Jackson for 1st time in playoffs with Super Bowl berth on line

ASSOCIATED PRESS | Saturday, Jan. 27, 2024

https://triblive.com/sports/patrick-...berth-on-line/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think it's more likely that KC's defense forces Lamar to throw it more and that Ravens D can't slow KC's offense down enough. I hope those don't happen though, I really hate KC at this point and it's clear NFL wants them to be the new Pats.

It'll be amazing if Lions win however I'm just gonna put this out there - the Purdy factor will be big. I'm not convinced he's a championship QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    I think it's more likely that KC's defense forces Lamar to throw it more and that Ravens D can't slow KC's offense down enough. I hope those don't happen though, I really hate KC at this point and it's clear NFL wants them to be the new Pats.

It'll be amazing if Lions win however I'm just gonna put this out there - the Purdy factor will be big. I'm not convinced he's a championship QB.
    90% of KC's offense now is Mahomes to Kelce, I think Baltimore has by far the best D in the game and will force them to play left-handed.

KC's D is good, that will be a fun matchup to watch.

Legend

User Info Menu

I’m also tired of seeing KC and now they have Taylor Swift. Patriots had a supermodel and KC has the most popular singer in the world. NFL has to be living this.

I think Baltimore’a defense is better than KC’s. Adjustments will be made by both teams at halftime. KC is really good.. or at least they used to be real good at getting a TD before halftime and coming out swinging in the 3rd quarter. But not so much this year. Baltimore has actually been the team blowing things open after halftime.

I think both games come down to nerves. Who comes out loose or tight. Lions and Chiefs have the QB’s with SB experience.

Would be fun to see Lamar vs Purdy since both have never made a SB even though I prefer the Lions.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm very tired of KC success as well. But I HATE the Rats. I always have to root against the Rats and hairball.

I want Detroit to win it all. Badly. We need a new team with a ring. Goff deserves it. But I don't think they have enough overall horsepower to get it done.

Legend

User Info Menu

Of course, the big downside of the Chiefs losing would be potential complacency in the Steelers braintrust, thinking "hey, we know how to beat Baltimore, we're fine" and staying the course.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I'm very tired of KC success as well. But I HATE the Rats. I always have to root against the Rats and hairball.

I want Detroit to win it all. Badly. We need a new team with a ring. Goff deserves it. But I don't think they have enough overall horsepower to get it done.
    Is there some obscure rule somewhere that would allow both teams to lose?? It's a tough one for sure, I just don't want to see the Chiefs win another SB though at this point. I don't like anything about the team, they are cheaters and refs never call holding on them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    90% of KC's offense now is Mahomes to Kelce, I think Baltimore has by far the best D in the game and will force them to play left-handed.

KC's D is good, that will be a fun matchup to watch.
    The thing is Kelce is still wide open a good bit of the time, I have no idea how that keeps happening. Bills had a good D and couldn't really stop the Chiefs for most of their game.

Legend

User Info Menu

The thing is Kelce is still wide open a good bit of the time, I have no idea how that keeps happening. Bills had a good D and couldn't really stop the Chiefs for most of their game.
    Bills were in a similar boat as us, missing a ton of ILBs.