Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Defense Is A Problem Also

Legend

User Info Menu

Game by game basis people.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    well, Lamar and company showed up in the second half.

I didn?t say they were losing the same way we were, most times Ravens are a high seed but didn?t play up to expectations. Thought we could see a repeat after the punt return but this Ravens team might be different.
    I thought at halftime the game could've gone either way but Ravens did pull away in the 2nd and Lamar did make some plays. Houston could be really good next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

well, Lamar and company showed up in the second half.

I didn?t say they were losing the same way we were, most times Ravens are a high seed but didn?t play up to expectations. Thought we could see a repeat after the punt return but this Ravens team might be different.
    They were one of the few playoff teams not intimidated by Brady, beat him what, twice and got robbed a couple more times.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    They were one of the few playoff teams not intimidated by Brady, beat him what, twice and got robbed a couple more times.
    I’m talking since they had Lamar and went 1-3 before this win.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Our defense is better than average, YES--we need coverage linebacker, a strong safety ( although Rowe is intriguingly good ) a competent 2nd cornerback ( Patrick Peterson ) should never seen the field for us again ) Oh and a better punter. But all of the below can be 2nd-4th round picks ,and in the case of the punter a free agent.

A decent DT is also a need.

Watt, Porter, Benton, Highsmith, and Fitzpatrick are all good players in the prime, Heyward is 35 and not worth his current cap number. If cut we save 16 million ... I say cut him if he does not agree to a hometown discount, and use that money on a free agent DT.

But over all we are in good shape.
    I agree with you in regards of postition of need. But most of all, we need another play maker, we are too dependent on Watt to provide pressure, and we are too dependent on Fitz to make plays.

This probably won't happen, but I would put all our FA money on getting FA, safety Winfield. Bring back Edmunds as well for cheap. Having that trio of S would be insane. Who is the QB going to focus on? Fitz or Winfield? They can both be chess pieces all over the field and play multiple positions- FS, SS, Slot CB. IF Porter plays just as good as he did this year or improves, we can survive with pairing him with an average/below average CB. ( But hey what if they get Trice or Rush back and they play better than solid.)

I bring Edmunds back, not that I think he was a great player, but he provides great play at what he needs to do. He will never have impressive stats, but he Cover TEs and allow Fitz to freelance and make plays.

With the safeties covering the back end of the DBs, and the middle of the field ( limit liability by ILB), our front 7 would improve so much. Our ILB can cheat in covering their lanes and provide pressure. How many sacks did our ILB provide?

As for Heyward, I would extend him make majority of that money as bonus to not count or hurt the cap.

Legend

User Info Menu

I?m talking since they had Lamar and went 1-3 before this win.
    Lamar Jackson Shuts Up Playoff Criticism With Four Touchdowns

Jan 20, 2024

It was a historic night for Jackson, as he became the first player in NFL history to register two rushing touchdowns, two passing touchdowns, 100 rushing yards, and 100 passer rating in any game regular season or postseason.

"Lamar just played out of his mind," said Head Coach John Harbaugh, who predicted Jackson was going to have a monster playoff game.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...layoffs-texans
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Our defense was 6th.
    The offense was 28th.
    Offense should be the priority in the offseason .
    Coaching should be the priority during playoffs.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

you think? The points given up on so many games including playoffs the last several years is so embarrassing?.that run by JA
    should have cost someones job the next day!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I agree with you in regards of postition of need. But most of all, we need another play maker, we are too dependent on Watt to provide pressure, and we are too dependent on Fitz to make plays.

This probably won't happen, but I would put all our FA money on getting FA, safety Winfield. Bring back Edmunds as well for cheap. Having that trio of S would be insane. Who is the QB going to focus on? Fitz or Winfield? They can both be chess pieces all over the field and play multiple positions- FS, SS, Slot CB. IF Porter plays just as good as he did this year or improves, we can survive with pairing him with an average/below average CB. ( But hey what if they get Trice or Rush back and they play better than solid.)

I bring Edmunds back, not that I think he was a great player, but he provides great play at what he needs to do. He will never have impressive stats, but he Cover TEs and allow Fitz to freelance and make plays.

With the safeties covering the back end of the DBs, and the middle of the field ( limit liability by ILB), our front 7 would improve so much. Our ILB can cheat in covering their lanes and provide pressure. How many sacks did our ILB provide?

As for Heyward, I would extend him make majority of that money as bonus to not count or hurt the cap.

I am locked on a playmaking 4-2-5 , 4-1-6 linebacker in round two of the draft. He fits, and will along with Watt and Fitz can be our 3rd playmaker on defense. His name is Payton Wilson. Look for him and other moves in my off season draft thread before the senior bowl 2024.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here's the thing , we haven't had a good defense since Troy left. I mean a SB defense. I don't think Cam Heyward matched up to either Casey Hampton or Aaron Smith. He can rush the passer but he gets run by. Our D can't stop the run.

Our ILBS have not measured up since I guess Lawrence Timmons left. I can't remember a good one. Please someone refresh my memory. TJ can rush the passer but he can be run on.

Our D gets blasted in the playoffs.They have the last 5 times. We need to get Minkah straightened out. Our D backfield communicated better the previous 3 games.
    We need to get another CB and I can see us drafting one.Most importantly we need a ILB. We have to get one somewhere. We can't pick up guys off of the couch.

We are due for a hit on a DGuy in this draft.
    Last edited by "BuzzNuter"; 01-21-2024 at 07:11 PM.